Subject Author Posted Replies

This Ben Eater guy is a good teacher
Basic stuff, but presented in a very good way. This guy makes the best how-to videos on electronics... Reliable data transmission. Error detection: Parity checking. Checksums and Hamming distance. How...
15
15

Paste vs solder --- silver?
After 45 years of soldering experience, I'm toying with SMD and paste in an oven. Using 2 types of paste. My question is -- Generally does a paste joint have a "grayer" appearance than a hand soldered...
13
13

Re: HBT- wave noise
Etendue is the product of area and projected solid angle. It's related to the thermodynamic idea of phase space volume. I'd certainly use a diamond or carbide scriber to reduce the amount of force...
11
11

Re: Dual supply LTC4446
If you use an isolated part like the UCC21520, you can place the high and low side FET drivers wherever you like.
3
3

Hard build, but easy electronics... REALLY COOL!
I want to make one with a couple variations though...

Re: The Two Fundamentals of Engineering
wrote in news: No stopping until I die. And certainly not first. Yet you lay it out as if to be a chronological step process. So... There are more than two, but a few are... Observe Learn Observe...
8
8

Re: OT: National Popular Vote Interstate Compact
Lasse Langwadt Christensen wrote in news: That is why you vote at a poll first and the photo is of you, the vote sheet, and your thumbprint. The at home procedure simply verifies that you voted, not...
10
10

Benchmark your box
You can run several instances of this and watch them all crunch. This is a Linux app BTW. So try it in the Linux Windows now lets you have too! So, set a command prompt to as big an x,y size you can...

boosted opamp
This might work: Version 4 SHEET 1 1080 680 WIRE 64 -48 -144 -48 WIRE 400 -48 64 -48 WIRE -144 -16 -144 -48 WIRE -416 0 -512 0 WIRE -288 0 -336 0 WIRE 400 0 400 -48 WIRE -512 48 -512 0 WIRE 336 48 304...
2
2

OT: The Dictatorship of a Stooge
Greetings, USA. The USA Senate has given its verdict in a trial. They had the final word and they retained Trump as the commander. You citizens of the USA are now seeing the history of The...
17
17

Problems with .htaccess file
My site works well now, with the .htaccess file disabled. I edited it and commented out all of the lines that redirect HTTP to HTTPS, and to and all variants i collected. Re-enabling it makes my site...
8
8

Purpose of precision high-current series regulator's resistors and capacitor?
This question was originally posted to piclist. The TL431 datasheet contains "Figure 29. Precision High-Current Series Regulator." What's the purpose of the 30 ? resistor, the 4.7 k? resistor, and the...
29
29

Look at the underpants of our chips
Perhaps you like to have a look inside: It is interesting that there are so many different designs for the same chip. Olaf Hier finden sich teilweise umfangreiche Dokumentationen vieler Bauteile...
5
5

kinda tough one
It took a week of spare time, 10 ECOs, to go from to Nasty: parts on both sides with complicated clearance issues, picosecond stuff, crosstalk, serious thermals, panel arrangement issues, all sorts of...
2
2

Advise for intel about integrating RAM onto chip.
One more posting though about the "RAM" integration attempt of intel and others onto CPUs/chips. It seems Intel is trying to be "nice" about it and trying to create an "eco" system for other RAM...
17
17