Zener Diode Protection

john 1987 should just hold a finger on the over-voltage source. That should _solve_ it ;-) ...Jim Thompson

I am a leftist weenie, sometimes, are you talkin' about me?

George H.

=A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0| =A0 =A0mens =A0 =A0 |

=A0 | =A0 =A0 et =A0 =A0 =A0|

=A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0 |

ide quoted text -

Reply to
George Herold

=A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0| =A0 =A0mens =A0 =A0 |

=A0 | =A0 =A0 et =A0 =A0 =A0|

=A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0 |

john 1987, perhaps his birth year...? If he's only 24, ya could cut him some slack.

But not responding to JF and your posts..... he's burning bridges faster than he's making 'em.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

--
Good one!
Reply to

[snip]

When I was 24 I was already a group manager at Motorola ;-) ...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0| =A0 =A0mens =A0 =A0 |

=A0 | =A0 =A0 et =A0 =A0 =A0|

=A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0 |

ide quoted text -

At 24 I was only starting 'gradual'* school, getting paid to work in the lab, teach undergrads, and study for qualifying exams.

George H.

*where you gradually decide not to stay in school anymore.
Reply to
George Herold

[snip]

Motorola had a "training" program that included getting your Masters on Motorola's time and dime. By age 24 I had all the course work done, but dallied finishing the thesis until I was 28. ...Jim Thompson

) !

e?

=A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0| =A0 =A0mens =A0 =A0 |

=A0 | =A0 =A0 et =A0 =A0 =A0|

=A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0 |

ide quoted text -

Oh, I f'ed around a lot as an undergrad, taking time off, to do other stuff. Work in the 'real world' was good for me, made me want to go back to school and learn something.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

56) !

nse?

ur

hat

=A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0| =A0 =A0mens =A0 =A0 |

=A0 | =A0 =A0 et =A0 =A0 =A0|

=A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 |

I'd finished my masters degree, in inorganic chemistry, when I was 22

- not that I bothered to sit through the graduation ceremony then - and went straight on to a Ph.D. in physical chemistry, which took me another five years, in part because I spent the first year working out that I really didn't like the data-collecting scheme that my supervisor had in mind, and ended up getting a PDP-8 to do the donkey work, which involved putting together 900-lines of assembler for the PDP-8 and rather more Fortran to make sense of that output. And there was a bit of electronics as well. All great fun, but time-consuming.

Work in the research world was real enough to draw my attemtion to the fact that almost every last thing that I'd been taught as an undergraduate was superficial and over-simplified, the one exception being that I'd learned that you could almost always find what you needed to know by digging deep enough in the right university library

- more often the physics library thann the chemistry library, but the engineering library had its moments too.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman