Zener diode below-threshold reverse current

Looks to me like they in effect have a bobber with their hook assembly, it stays off the bottom by a distance determined by that weight thingamajig they crimp onto the line above the hook. However you slice it, it's not real complicated, Einstein.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Total nonsense.

You don't create anything, you only rearrange (paint by numbers)
what's already on tap in order to build machines which will do your
customers' bidding.
---

>We just solved a problem with thrust measurement in a GTF. Things like
>that are satisfying.
Reply to
John Fields

Whatever I want to.

John Fields

Reply to
John Fields

Well, Shakespeare just rearranged letters. We rearrange parts. That's what electronic design is, selecting and connecting parts. If you think that's trivial, why do you post to SED?

We did some Fourier analysis and told the user how to filter out test stand vibration modes. The engine stand is a huge structure that sits on a gigantic concrete footing. Unfortunately, it's in Florida and under the footing is mush.

What are you doing these days? Something creative?

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Sounds boring, like playing tennis alone against a wall. We like to have potential customers lob problems at us to solve. In that sense we're doing what they want us to do. You never know if you're any good until you play against a pro.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

So, why do you post here. Clearly you're not interested in the topic. Makes sense, since we're not talking about 555s.

Reply to
krw

Whine and snipe.

Reply to
krw

Nonsense. You come here to whine and snipe. Nothing more.

Reply to
krw

Krw has a perception problem. He knows his narrow area of electronics and doesn't pay any attention to the rest of the field because he hasn't got a clue what's going on. It does give him a rather restricted point of view.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

--
Fourier discovered the pigment, and all you're doing is using his
discovery as one of the numbers in your painting.

It's interesting how you keep referring to electronic design as "painting by the numbers." Well, all we do is buy some parts and connect them, so I guess it is trivial. Of course, some people are good at it, and most people aren't, so there must be some skill of some sort involved.

If you could buy any dozern parts that you want from Digikey, the circuit possibilities vastly exceeds the number of protons in the universe. That's a lot of numbers to paint.

I guess we'll have to wait for you to publish.

lunatic fringe electronics

Poor sad little man, I can't omagine why you'd say something like that
unless you were trying to pick a fight, which seems to be your raison

John Fields
Reply to
John Fields

--
Not "electronic design", John, _your_ electronic designs.
---

>Well, all we do is buy some parts and connect them, so I guess it is trivial.
>Of course, some people are good at it, and most people aren't,
>so there must be some skill of some sort involved.
Reply to
John Fields

--
Lately, just to prick balloons.
Reply to

--
Wow!

You sound Just like Larkin!

Johy Fields
Reply to
John Fields

--
John Larkin, is that you in disguise???
Reply to

Why thank you, li'l Johnny. That's the nicest thing you've ever said.

Now, back to your whining.

Reply to
krw

Whine and snipe. At least you're good at it. Everyone's got to have something.

Reply to
krw

Take a look at my digital delay generators, and my time stampers, and my laser drivers, and my thermocouple stuff, and tell us how you'd design them.

Well, neither of them were good circuit designers. And they are dead, and I'm not.

Electronic design is a strange occupation, just connecting standard parts and typing various kinds of code. You'd think anyone could do it. You don't need a degree or a license. I don't know of any equivalent profession; you need training and licensing to cut hair or sell insurance. The other thing that's interesting about electronics is how ubiquitous it is. People need food and water and housing, but the richest people in the world don't provide those things, they are dropouts who make electronics and code.

lunatic fringe electronics

No, my French-name thing is designing electronics. I'm also very interested in the process and culture of electronics, how it gets done, and especially how personality affects design.

Didn't you just say that you only come to sed to pick fights? Design something and discuss it; post some circuits. That's a healthier way to live.

lunatic fringe electronics