Your comments requested...

using

Banner rotation... wow, that's important.

Reply to
Richard Henry

"Have a concise mission statement for the site."

Oh please, I think you've attended one too many management seminars. Mission statements are for idiots.

"Keep all banners and ads top quality."

How about no ads or banners...ever.

"Make your sourcecode freely available."

Like you have a choice.

"Have live help reachable 24/7."

Umm ok, I'll hire three people.

"Strongly encourage readers using Acrobat smoothing and CoolType."

To do what?

ef

Reply to
EF in FLA

Thats not a very polite way reply to an "elder guru" of electronics industry

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

Well if you guys like him, please take him down to your group and keep him there.

Angrie.Woman

NO bidders at $19.63.

Angrie.Woman

He's also been an asshole, a troll, a spammer and a pompous fop on this newsgoup for years.

Ed

Reply to
Ed Mars

It sure as hell is, as it significantly improves click throughs.

-- Many thanks,

Don Lancaster Synergetics 3860 West First Street Box 809 Thatcher, AZ 85552 voice: (928)428-4073 email: snipped-for-privacy@tinaja.com

Please visit my GURU's LAIR web site at

Don Lancaster

Don Lancaster wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net:

Your site, Don, might well contain some useful info. Unfortunatly, finding it would be akin to finding a pearl in a canyon full of buffalo shit. Blindfolded. With heavy rubber gloves on. At night. Helter skelter, non related crap uhh .... More links that you can shake a stick at. In short, if that web page was your desk, you would be buried alive, many times over. Organization is the key, and it is within your grasp.

Reply to
Jesse

No, Dear Mr. Lancaster -- I was referring to the misplaced apostrophe. My vocabulary includes both words "Lair" and "Poseur".

Since you are so learned that I don't have to explain this to you, I will explain it for the benefit of any other ignorant doofus who may happen to be reading this: The way Mr. Lancaster's web page title is written he is saying the Lair belongs to Don Lancaster's Guru, not that Don Lancaster is the Guru in the Lair.

Best wishes

Maiasaura

--
Visit THE DOG COLLECTOR BOOKs and CANINE COLLECTIBLES at
http://www.dogcollector.com

Actually the "The" makes it correct grammar. Drop the "The" and you have "Lancaster's Guru's"... what the hell does that mean?

The one that always twists my tongue is "Ruth's Chris Steakhouse" ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Now

I ate at the one in Jackson, MS. The service/ambience/food was toprate.

Unfortunately, that one is apparently closed now.

Reply to
Richard Henry

I've been once. The food was outstanding, but I wasn't paying... a benefit of being father-of-the-groom rather than father-of-the-bride ;-)

Steamed? Icky!

Outback Steakhouse is pretty decent for the money.

...Jim Thompson

apostrophe.

happen

Lancaster

Bending the thread slightly -

There was an old farmer in a town where I grew up who had an antique shop on a corner of his farm. On a bet, he hung up a sign: "We buy junk and sell antiques."

Reply to
Richard Henry

The Pompous Fops. Yet another great name for a rock band.

Reply to
BrotherBart

Too bad you don't understand that you aren't replying to Mr. Don Lancaster. :-)

Only one possible interpretation...and don't get on me about not making complete sentences...this is done for effect. :-)

The site is created by and owned by Don Lancaster, and it is for ANY and ALL gurus.

Tom

Reply to
Tom MacIntyre

It's the closest "good" restaurant to my house, so we have a lot of visiting-relative and birthday dinners there.

There's also a nice local Italian restaurant in the same center, which we went to the last time my parents visited because Outback was backed up. A man comes to our table, asks if there is anything we need. "More bread, more wine?" I said "You must be the boss". He replied "No, here, YOU da boss!"

We're going back.

Reply to
Richard Henry

We have one like that here in Ahwatukee Foothills, "Arrivederci". Family run, everyone talks like they just moved here from Brooklyn ;-) Marvelous food and service! Portions too large though. I had to bring home two of the three "luncheon" cannelloni.

...Jim Thompson

Oh good one. Maybe that will keep him busy for a while.

Angrie.Woman

I always thought it was a lair intended for use by guru's.

Angrie.Woman

Welcome to Don Lancaster's The Guru's Lair

The only problem I see is the "The". Drop that, and it's clearer.

Kris

Reply to
Kris Baker