whiteboard

I want a whiteboard with SAVE and RECALL buttons.

John

I'm sure virtual whiteboards like these can

-Lasse

Reply to
langwadt

Use a digital camera.

D from BC myrealaddress(at)comic(dot)com BC, Canada Posted to usenet sci.electronics.design

Reply to
D from BC

and a projector (RECALL)

Reply to
linnix

I saw one yesterday at PIXIM. I should have taken note of the brand. You "dry marker" on it, push a button and a fresh portion appears while the previous portion goes thru some kind of copier mechanism. ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | Civilization began when communities stopped leaving their ill, injured or wounded behind to die alone.

Civilization ends when governments decide whether you have enough value to the community to be worth getting medical care.

We have one of those at work. In 2 years I have seen it used twice... I think it sounds more useful than it is. I like the digital camera idea better

Reply to
comp.arch.embedded

I do. But I want the thing back in the original form so I can modify it. Most of my customer proposals now include a photo of a whiteboard sketch... block diagram, schematic doodle, packaging sketch, whatever. They don't seem to mind.

I once showed up for a meeting that turned out to be me and about 20 engineers and managers, big aerospace outfit, in basically an auditorium. I'd been scribbling ideas on a grid paper tablet on the plane, very bumpy ride. Somebody saw them, grabbed them, and made overhead slides. And put them up. Not exactly PowerPoint. We've shipped maybe 600 units now. I think people find this hand-drawn stuff to be refreshing.

John

I dont know about the USA but they are quite common in school rooms and conference rooms around Australia. With various levels of sophistication from just an interface to a copier mechanism to a fully interactive computer screen effect the size of a classroom blackboard.

John G.

Reply to
John G.

It's humanizing. Most non-geek people like people better than they like machines. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

We used to have half of what you want. The whiteboard material was on a roller and there was a scanner built into the gizmo. You could get a printout of what was there. No RECALL feature, however.

Bob

--
== All google group posts are automatically deleted due to spam ==
Reply to

I've seen versions that have two or three boards that slide up and down, one behind the other. I don't suppose they are cheap though.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Like college blackboards everywhere.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal

Exactly! I've been watching pieces of these videos during lunch.

(Wish I had a fast connection at home!)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Did somebody find you one yet? :-)

How would something like that work? A billion-pixel LCD and a touch-screen?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

How about a normal whiteboard, but with a transparent polyester sheet over it, that sheet on a roll on top and on the bottom. Write on it, roll it up and get a clear one for some other drawing, roll it back to get the old one. Maybe connect a small motor to each roll, some ---->PIC

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

As seen (without the microprocessor drive) on overhead projectors for decades.

Ecnerwal

Digital projector

Reply to
D from BC