Yippy, its started !!!

Obama

You never will. If they can get out of the house at all, they can get legal ID. If they are homebound, they can still get it, with help. You bitch about a fictitious 30 days, but this was started several years ago. I had to have my birth certificate & SS card, along with proof of residence to renew my driver's license, and that was more than 30 days ago. Why even bother with elections, if you're just going to let fraud run rampant?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I don't get it. I give a first-hand account based on actual experience, demonstrating a clear problem--improperly registered people who could easily have registered and voted multiple times in multiple districts without detection, or at least vote for politicians in districts where they do not live--and you, utterly unaffected, rebut with a make-believe show on another topic, voter ID.

I really don't get it.

--
Cheers,
James Arthur

of

was

sed,

ve

ma

As opposed to the kind of fraud that actually happens and gave you Dubbya in 2000.

Bill Sloman, Nijmegen
Reply to
Bill Sloman

was

ed,

Perhaps because he's more concerned about the other side of the coin - as exhibited in Florida in 2000 - where Republican-dominated election commissions selectively purge the electoral rolls of people who are likely to vote Democrat.

Bill Sloman
Reply to
Bill Sloman

of

t was

ased,

ave

That was the story the founding tax-evaders used to sell the system. In actual fact they just made it messy and indirect enough so that the well-off could manoeuvre their preferred candidates into the positions of power

Actually, to give the well-off repeated opportunities to insert their favourite candidates and squeezed out the less compliant.

Actually, you mostly elect the guy who can buy most television advertising - the television advertising may not be decisive, but if you've got enough money to buy lots of advertising you've got enough money to buy other advantages as well.

--
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen
Reply to

It's simple. He doesn't believe Republican fairy stories, and you swallow every last one, hook, line and sinker. You've got a serious case of selective gullibility.

--
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen
Reply to

ng.

In fact it is more about how the Democrats think about the Republicans. You don't have to have a long memory to remember how Jeb Bush stole Florida's electoral college vote for his brother in 2000.

When the Republicans start trying to stop people voting in the next election it doesn't take a particularly suspicious mind to put two and two together.

--
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen
Reply to

Eliminating fraud, yes, it's not only the law but it's a good idea.

Your left wing will be slaves to masters of their own making. You already are.

No, you're too stupid to "get it". All lefties are.

Reply to
krw

Obama

I had to have my birth certificate, SS card, and two forms of proof of address to renew my driver's license. My wife had to have all that *plus* our original marriage license (not the one from the minister, either).

Of course lefties want fraud to run rampant. It's the only way they can win. The ends justify the means is their MO.

Reply to
krw

Slowman, you don't have to prove you're an idiot. We got it years ago.

Reply to
krw

:

Obama

c.

ady

Bizarre image. Followers might be seen as slaves to leaders of their own making - but if you can make a leader, you can also unmake him (or her). It is more common on the right wing. Thatcher was famously slung out by her own party when she got so crazy that even the other conservatives noticed.

krw calling other people stupid does have its funny side. He must the the dumbest of the regular posters. Even AlwaysWrong produces occasional flashes of wit, but krw is just plain dull.

--
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen
Reply to

e:

us of

hat was

ceased,

s to

have

gets

ote

Obama

krw claims that "he gets it" but it's just wishful thinking, He hasn't got the wit to catch a cold.

--
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen
Reply to

It's all in his email address. His mind is 'nothere'.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

A woman I know had to track down her previous marriage license, from a husband that had died, in addition to the current one and the other documents.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

address

Right. They have to document name changes. She's had/used her current name over twice as long as the one she was born with but had to document it because it didn't match the birth certificate.

Reply to
krw

Can I come in early and say I'm you, then vote? Mikek

Reply to
amdx

What makes you think dimmie's eligble to vote?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Once upon a time you voted in your neighborhood, where everyone knew everyone in the neighborhood. Before mail-in ballots I'd walk into the (usually a) church and the little old lady at the sign-in desk would immediately announce, in a loud voice, "Thompson, James Elbert", page..., line..., and the other "certifiers" would thumb thru and find me and check me off. Then I'd sign the main list, be handed a ballot, and pick an empty booth.

Now there are often more votes cast in some Chicago districts than the TOTAL adult population :-( ...Jim Thompson

Don't you need to be 18 to vote?

Reply to
tm

The total for the last 50 years.

My poling place is a Sheriff's substation. I'm surprised the lefties don't complain that some of them might be arrested, when they show up to vote.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell