Yikes! .....A $700 Power Bar!

$620.00 + $80.00 US

Handcrafted!

'Internally built-in with Amp Audio Grade RF, noise filter to attenuate noises, RF associated with city mains. Casing constructed of thick high quality Copper plates for mass, unit stability and efficient air born harmful RF absorption. Provided with Rhodium plated Furutech IEC socket and National 24K Gold Plated Audio grade AG sockets. The contacts being modified, polished to increase contact area in order to improve reliability and reduce noises. Units individually handcrafted to exacting professional standards'

Should it be a crime to sell stuff like this?

Reply to
D from BC

No.. a crime on the buyer's pocketbook. BTW: "Verison"??

Reply to
Robert Baer

Wow... There is a sucker born every minute.. Anyone that would pay that for it.

I saw a PC sound bar thing at the store today. It looked cheap, and weighed little, and was like $35! No way would I buy some cheap, model care looking thing.

I bought the heavy, shielded, amplified, $20 El Cheapo "Cyber Acoustics" pair, and they are pretty good for my MAME, XBMC OmegaBox.

All the "Creative" and "Logitech",etc stuff was all way overpriced as far as I am concerned. Though their top line stuff is good, by that point I would piece together my own stuff.

For the OmegaRevo,The $20 3 Lb each audio paperweights are nice 2-way jobs and they are amplified too. Amazing how far the world has come, and what $20 will get one.

So, yours is a power bar, and mine is an audio bar, but I wouldn't buy the one I saw. Anyway, That's what it made me think of.

Reply to
Abbey Somebody

Ha! It's the ' Isoclean 105F II - 4 Position Space Saving Verison w/ 15 Amp Audio Grade Noise Filter'

A powerbar that removes everything but typos!

Reply to
D from BC

What a joke!

Take it apart and its probably just a 20mm MOV and a cheap CMC.

It does have a nice shiny base plate though.;-)

No. Anybody who buys it should be Psychologically evaluated though.

Audiophiles are a strange breed.

Reply to
Hammy

Electronics is 'magic' to them, and they know how to do it so much better than us.

We couldn't possibly know what the bBarnum and Bailey factor is in this industry.

Naaahhh... not us.

Bwuahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

I should make audiophool gear. The profit margins have to be huge. The shame is that the volume can't be that high. There just cannot be that many stupid people out there. Wait! Sure there can! Look at the huge number of idiots that come here!

Reply to
BarnCat

Look at some of his previous sales: A single "Audio Grade" fuse for $27 + $10 shipping, a 1.8m power cable for $288+35......... We're all in the wrong business!

Reply to
pimpom

No, just ordinary, uneducated, regular, Joes.

-- "Electricity is of two kinds, positive and negative. The difference is, I presume, that one comes a little more expensive, but is more durable; the other is a cheaper thing, but the moths get into it." (Stephen Leacock)

Reply to
Fred Abse

There's the giveaway, Apart from the spelling mistake, no engineer would ever write that.

-- "Electricity is of two kinds, positive and negative. The difference is, I presume, that one comes a little more expensive, but is more durable; the other is a cheaper thing, but the moths get into it." (Stephen Leacock)

Reply to
Fred Abse

Actually the most lucrative is residential renovations. I was in home depot the other day and the lady and her husband in front of me were given a quote for $13,000 just for labor on a 900 sq/ft hardwood install and a 750 sq/ft ceramic tile install.

I did my own hardwood in the living room and ceramic in the kitchen about the same dimension it was about 5k are so including some speciality tool rentals. No it wasn't cheap shit it was quality Armstrong hardwood. I just knew the employee selling it and got it at a little above cost.

I was tempted to say I would do it for 5k plus materials and rentals.:-)

Reply to
Hammy

Now this is the real deal!

They even through in a $1875 power cord for you! :)

Reply to
Jamie

I suppose that's for those that can't grasp EM physics and need the air pollution analogy.

Reply to
D from BC

Well, it does have red outlets! Mike

Reply to
amdx

Right. An engineer would write:

"ether-borne" ;)

Reply to
Michael Robinson

It looks like it has four leveling screws on the baseplate, to keep the electrons from pooling up in one corner. That's important to granular soundstaging and inner macrodynamics.

John

An engineer certainly wouldn't.

Michelson and Morley dispelled the ether myth about a hundred years ago,

durable; the other is a cheaper thing, but the moths get into it."
                                             (Stephen Leacock)
Reply to
Fred Abse

Yeah, I read it from over a mile away.

Reply to
BarnCat

Well, this thread certainly is way up in the either... ;-)

Reply to
BarnCat

You have to rent a Coriolis meter so you can compensate for the final placement orientation, if it isn't directly aligned.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

True. And I hope they put in acoustic damping on the inside. Otherwise noise currents will cause the filter components to vibrate and send the vibrations as surface waves along the copper surface to the other end, inducing microphonics on the power line. The problem is exacerbated by transition phase shifts at the Cu-Rh-Cu interfaces.

Reply to
pimpom