Xport teardown

We ripped open one of these...

Anybody wanna see pics?

John

Yes.

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | America: Land of the Free, Because of the Brave

I would be very interested to see what makes those buggers tick.

-Michael

Reply to
Michael

Me too, thanks.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Most likely it's just a custom ASIC.

...Jim Thompson

OK, up on abse.

John

Of course we want to see it - in a group of engineers, that's like asking a fat kid if he wants an ice-cream!

Reply to
Jeff L

I know that. I just wanted everybody to beg.

John

I didn't see it there, where is it, where is it?

Reply to
Winfield Hill

Posted to abse yesterday.

snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com

John

It's here, Win

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

Have you seen the same thing, high power consumption and high case temperature, for no reason? Lantronix told us they'd never seen it before.

John

Helo John, I use these beasts in a building network scheme. Some do go ballistic for no good reason as you mention. Never took one apart (so carfeully) and pictured so well. Nice work! marc

Reply to
LVMarc

Yeah we saw it suck cuurent and act flaky, we had a net work of 3 lantronix rs-485 to ethernet, all the thernets back to a pc. we buffered the drive signal from the lantroinx to drive rs-485 using "cp1" to select drive enable. on random times wewould get data failures, have to re boot and would work fine for 100's of hours. then fail ususally hot. we used curent limitng power supplies so we could see when the beasts failed. considering another source for that function and eliminating the rs-485 to ethernet bridging entirley...made sense for using exsitng wiring at first.. Marc

Reply to
LVMarc