xilinx impact 6.1 does not see the cable3,xp

Even though i built the cable3 following xilinx drawings,i have 5 volts on cable3 supply,and the lpt1 works with other applications,i still have the message :"Communications with the cable could not be established.Check cable connections and cable power source" Can someone help me? Thanks

Reply to
blisca

Xilinx has some kind of proprietary marker in their JTAG programming heads that Impact recognizes. I have found no way around it. For v6.1 you will have to buy a DLC5 or higher (Parallel IV) cable, or one of the newer USB cables. Sometimes you can find them on E-Bay for about

1/3 the cost of a new one.

Good Luck, Tom

Reply to
tlbs

on

cable

Thank you Tom,I was so naive ,that i thought that this schematic was all i need

it should be the so-called cable III,that is included in the impact programming options anyway,i connected a logic analyzer to the parallel port and i didnt noticed any signal variation when impact checks the cable, this makes me think about drivers problems too,but maybe i just tested the port in the wrong way Thank you again, Diego.

Reply to
blisca

Hey, that's what my homebrew parallel cable is based on! It works fine with IMPACT, no "magic marker" or secret handshake necessary...

--
Phil.                         | Kitsune: Acorn RiscPC SA202 64M+6G VF+UniPod
philpem@despammed.com (valid!)| Cheetah: Athlon64 3200+ A8VDeluxeV2 1G+180G

with

VF+UniPod

1G+180G
256M+40G

Thank you Philip,i just would like to know: wich kind of OS you use on that wich kind of parallel port bios configuration,ecp,epp etc thanks

Reply to
blisca