xilinx cable 3 doesn't talk with pc,but test ok

hello i built on myself a cable 3 interface,following the xilinx drawing,i checked in all the possible ways,ohmically,injecting square waves,and then once connected tho the parallel port i used the option in the Jtag programmer utility that allows to force level on tdi,sending n clock pulses and so on,these signals are present on the pins of the fpga and the cable is connected to the supply(5V),but the pc doesn't see the cable at all please,anyone can help me?thanks!

Reply to
blisca

checked

Try the different BIOS setup options on your computer for the port in question. It worked wonders for me, but that was a Parallel IV cable. When it was set to ECP-mode, everything worked so much better.

Reply to
John Smith

despite here in italy are 1:45 a.m. i want to follow your hint,stay tuned and thank you

Reply to
blisca

once

programmer

so

When

no way :-( but thank you

Reply to
blisca

is

tuned

Well, try to change the port. My Cable IV would not work at all on my "expansion bord" LPT, but it worked on my mainboard LPT. Maybe the opposite is the case for you ?

Regards,

John

Reply to
John Smith

drawing,i

and

all

in

cable.

opposite

now should be to find another cable III and use it on the same pc.......... if i could find it here in italy i should buy an official xilinx programmer.......

Reply to
blisca

List of Xilinx distributors on this page

looks like you have a choice in Italy. More than we have in the UK.

John Adair Enterpo> >

Reply to
John Adair

List of Xilinx distributors on this page

looks like you have a choice in Italy. More than we have in the UK.

John Adair Enterpo> >

Reply to
John Adair

Digilent sells a clone of the Cable III quite cheaply. I got one with their Spartan 3 kit.

Leon

Reply to
Leon

proof