Intel claims wireless electric power transmission

Nothing here that Tesla didn't already try, but it was unfeasible due to inneficiency then, not sure how they claim to solve that hurdle.. and not cause cancer to boot...

Reply to
NG Neer

On a sunny day (Fri, 22 Aug 2008 03:08:27 GMT) it happened NG Neer wrote in :

Has been discussed here before. It will violate any and al radiation sp[ec. may fry your cat too perhaps. It is not 'green' as it loses a lot of power, it is too big for small equipment.

Wonder hat happens to your short wave radio if yo uhold it close to it. So, crap.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Always a chuckle, hearing digital's view of the elephant.

RL

Reply to
legg

Depends on the wavelength they use. There was a very amusing instance of a radio ham in allotments under a major UK transmitter mast who heated his greenhouse for free with a suitable resonant tank circuit and resistive load.

Compared to the transmitters total output one greenhouse wasn't too bad, but the authorities noticed after several others copied his design.

The technology might be useful for recharging electric toothbrushes I suppose.

It is even easier to make a fluoro tube light by holding one end and pointing the other upwards towards a supergrid pylon. Several artistic photos of tubes stuck in the ground under pylons have been done. eg

Is one of the better ones.

Regards, Martin Brown

** Posted from
**
Reply to
Martin Brown

On a sunny day (Fri, 22 Aug 2008 16:24:54 +0100) it happened Martin Brown wrote in :

Several MHz was mentioned int the original experiment at MIT.

Amazing!

I can light up a neon if I hold it close to my transmit antenna.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

radio ham in allotments under a major UK transmitter

and resistive load.

the authorities noticed after several others copied

Interesting, do you have more details or a link?

TheM

Yeah, it was in our morning paper as well. So they re-invented the series resonant converter?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

At 13.56MHz or some other ISM band in the shortwave range you could get away with it.

Yes, very cool.

It can really puzzle people if you have a morse code test loop going (which from a legal POV you should anyhow). Then it's like "Look, E.T. is trying to talk to us now".

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

On a sunny day (Fri, 22 Aug 2008 10:30:41 -0700) it happened Joerg wrote in :

I dunno, CB (27MHz) is free here, the CEPT rules (for much of Europe) are max power: 1W AM, 4W SSB, 4W FM.

Just keeping the mike button pushed on FM without modulation seems to happen a lot....

There was an interesting calculation some time ago in sci.astro, or sci.physics (do not remember, maybe both), about the fact that we will not be able to receive transmissions from other planets as the signal would simply be too weak....

But sure, if they land in your garden, then anything goes. Did you see the movie: Mars attacks?

Jan Panteltje

Yeah, on CB it seems that anything goes. I never did CB, went for the ham radio license right away.

sci.physics (do

Nah, I really don't like Sci-Fi stuff. Never did.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

aha, amateur, I went for the real thing, working at the TV station :-) TV always fascinated me more then radio.

sci.physics (do

You mean you never tried dlithium crystals?

panteltje

Sounds a bit apocryphal! The majority of 'major' stayed masts in the UK for broadcasting carry VHF and UHF services with vertical radiation patterns that have a null in the 'under' direction. Perhaps this relates to MF or LF, or perhaps even HF. The major LF station is Droitwich 198 kHz which uses a 'T' supported by two masts. Another M Brown has lots of details of the stations in a public web site at

Chris

Reply to
christofire

"Intel cuts electric cords with wireless power system"

I hope they unplugged it first.

Will code for food.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.