Who's killing posts here ?

That TokaMundo jerk has "no-archive" set. Maybe it was one of his posts?

Ghee Maroon doesn't have the intellect required to cancel messages.

...Jim Thompson

Error!

newsgroup server responded: No such article number in this group

Perhaps the article has expired

(100598)

Click here to remove all expired articles

It *was* ATTENTION!!!!! We have assumed control.

Anything to do with Ghee Maroon by any chance ?

If I discover he's been sending unauthorised cancel messages - his guts will be used as garters. I can see he doesn't like other ppl having a different opinion to his own but anything like this is a disgrace !

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Not him actually.

Sure ?

Interestingly, the posts seems to have re-appeared.

They were indeed a poke at Ghee too. Coincidence ?

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Sure ?

Interestingly my earlier reply to you isn't on my ISP's newserver yet it

*is* on Google ( who don't honour cancel messages ). Except it couldn't have got there if it hadn't gone through my ISP ! Work that one out !

See below, Graham

Jim Thomps> > >Error!

Not him actually.

Sure ?

Interestingly, the posts seems to have re-appeared.

They were indeed a poke at Ghee too. Coincidence ?

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

This is a news service, not registered mail.

Google Groups and other news 'mirrors' or archiving websites are laws unto themselves, but Google does observe 'x-noarchive' and will allow OPs to remove their own messages from an archive later, though they may insist that you jump through hoops, to do so.

RL

Reply to
legg

I think you have misunderstood what I said.

I have, very occasionally cancelled a post. It's not entirely reliable since Google and possibly some other news servers may not honour the cancel. I do not use the 'x-noarchive' feature either.

I also know that it's possible for rogue netizens with sufficient know-how to cancel *other* ppls' messages. This is what I'm talking about.

I posted one specific msg to this thead for example that doesn't appear on my ISP's news server. Yet it appears in Google Groups, thus 'proving' if you like that my post was originally successful. Check it out if you like.

I suspect a certain person of issuing rogue cancel messages to remove posts from other ppl he doesn't like.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Hello Graham,

from

This can also happen without malice. I had the occasional post not show up on my server. Sometimes it did show up on others, sometimes it didn't. Just ordinary discussions, no flames or anything so there wouldn't have been a reason for anyone to blow it out of the water.

Usually it happened with several posts in a row, then it was fine again for months. Most likely some technical problem, maintenance, server down, whatever.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

like

from

This does happen occasionally for sure. There were certain coincidences that I found curious that aroused my suspicions though.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

I've had downloaded news messages disappear from Agent V1.91, outside of any programmed or user initiated activity. Of course its only noticeable if its something being watched - typically your own message or something near it.

So don't ignore possible program bugs and SW GUI 'perception' errors; what your news handler reports seeing on a server may not always be totally accurate.

RL

Reply to
legg