Mod_List - > No such file or directory

Hi guys,

I am trying to load a module in my flashed uCLinux board.
I can do my "insmod my_module.o" (path is ok), I then got my kernel
tainted warning (it's binary, so no GPL) but then I get the no such
file or directory..

I debugged the kernel/module.c with my AXD debugger and I can see that
it cannot find my module in the mod_list with find_module()...
How is it possible?

Is it because I compile my module separately from my kernel source?
kernel should be aware of this odule, even before loading?
how is the mod_list created?!

thank you very much

best regards,
Ben