Who Invented Three-Phase?

As it appears that my pal Hardy missed my post about Edwin Armstrong, it is listed below. =================

It appears that my pal "bud--" did not understand Tesla's patent.

Tesla did not describe a resonant circuit tuned to some desired radio frequency. He described a charging a .04 microfarad capacitor to 50,000 volts, and discharging the capacitor into a 244 centimeter coil about 5000 times per second, using a make and break mechanical switch,

and using a secondary coil to boost the voltage to 4,000,000 volts to ionize the air between two coils, and by electrical conduction transfer electrical power by CONDUCTION from one coil to another coil.

I suggest that if my pal "bud--" wants to understand who invented the things required to make radio useful, that he should read about the guys who invented things like the cat's whisker detector, the vacuum tube, and the oscillator and amplifier circuits,

and he should read about Edwin Howard Armstrong who invented the regenerative circuit which was one of the first circuits that greatly amplified weak RF signals, and superheterodyne receiver that made it possible to use IF amplifiers, rather than a series of virtually impossible to tune RF amplifiers. (Armstrong also invented FM.)

(For those who do not understand RF amplification, in order to have high gain and good selectivity, one must have a number of tuned circuits, and to tune a five stage RF amplifier, one would have to have a five section tunable capacitor, and have all the circuits track.)

And he should read the patents of people who really understood resonant circuits like Edwin H. Colpitts and Ralph Hartley, who's patents made the Armstrong's superheterodyne receiver possible, and Oliver Lodge who patented transmitter and receiver tuning.

No doubt if my pal "bud--" reads and understands the development of radio and electronics, he will come to understand that Edison's discovery of the "Edison Effect" lead to the invention of the diode. which lead to the invention of the solid state diode, which lead to the triode, which lead to the transistor, which lead to integrated circuits, which lead to the microprocessor.

I suggest that my pal "bud--" compare the patents of Tesla with those of Reginald Fessenden, who worked for Edison during the same period, and see who had a greater knowledge of what became electricity and electronics.

--
Tom Potter

Tom Potter wrote: It appears that my pal "bud--" did not understand Tesla's patent.

I suggest that if my pal "bud--" wants to understand who invented the things required to make radio useful, ... he should read about Edwin Howard Armstrong who invented the regenerative circuit... And he should read the patents of people like Edwin H. Colpitts and Ralph Hartley, and Oliver Lodge

he, "bud--", will come to understand that Edison's discovery of the "Edison Effect" lead to the invention of the diode... the solid state diode, ... the triode,... the transistor, the integrated circuits,... the microprocessor.

I suggest that my pal "bud--" compare the patents of Tesla with those of Reginald Fessenden, who worked for Edison during the same period, & see who had a greater knowledge of what became electricity & electronics.

hanson wrote: Potter, your tripe is well researched and reasoned. But, the reason why all your detractors disagree with you, as seen in their frantic **solidarity** with/for Tesla a simply because of reasons that have nothing to with the technicals that they argue about. The real reason is explained VERY clearly in

which boils, as it always does, the arguing down to

Put 2 and 2 together, Potter... ahahahaha... Thanls for the laughs, guys... ahahahahanson

Reply to
hanson