Where's the benefit...

Do you really believe that "most" CEOs are pompous crooks?

Oh, full disclosure: I'm a CEO.

John

Bad bad John ;-)

...Jim Thompson

And your point is... ;-)

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Edmondson

But only until the day you go public, can you do whatever you want.

Reply to
Don Bowey

My CEO isn't a crook - more like a psycho bitch from Hell. ;-) He's about 5'6", so tries to be pompous with his big beer gut, but doesn't pull it off well.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich, but drunk

[snip]

Sure would ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Durant was one of the prime players directly responsible for the stock market crash of 1929. The sycophantic wiki bio reads like he was a career businessman when in fact he was a career gamesman and multispectral autistic, a trait quite common in today's so-called success stories.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

Lemme guess CEO in your case means C_______ed Electronics O_______ce. Can you fill in the blanks?

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

I'll contest that point. Most of us in fact actually *are* stockholders, at one level or another. Either one of our retirement funds has some stock, or a mutual fund. Or our company's investments.

And if not, we're directly affected through the massive compensation commititee pathway - the excessive salary of our investment company's executive(s) derives from a comparison to the excessive salary in question.

One thing rarely mentioned in these discussions is the salary of the slightly-junior executives, who actually do most of the work and make most of the decisions. These people also get excessive salaries, lower than their boss, but still too high. And so on down the too-long chain of command. Finally, the esprit-de-core of workers several levels down, who are most important, is badly affected by the severe disparities. They lose commitment and drive to make things work as well as they used to, in the old days. An early example of this mess happened to you, Jim, in the 60's (or was it early 70's?) at Motorola.

Please note the :-), Jim, which you routinely use, expecting to assert your mean remark is merely a joke (you've used that repeatedly after making gross destructive comments against me).

Now, that's mean. And ugly. Comparing a retired person's income to someone still at work. And, as if we value people solely by the amount of money they make. I don't think so.

Well, "weenie" I suppose is meant as an insult, but these days "liberal" is clearly a compliment, if we reasonably compare it to "conservative", and soberly realize all that that has come to mean. I can't evaluate "turkey," that's just a mud-throwing pejorative throwaway after all. Now, if you had gone as far as "fat-slob turkey," well, then we might have something to work with. Pretty stupid, huh.

Reply to
Winfield

I don't care, better you than me. I keep getting notices from the IRS that their refund check has expired, I am to destroy it, they are sending a new one which should be cashed immediately, like within a year or something, if it's not too much trouble that is. Aren't they nice:-)

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

Please refrain from using "autistic" as a phrase of derision.

...Jim Thompson

I was also a CEO, of my 40-person company, for 15 years, but that doesn't take away from the fact of the host of greedy, self-serving CEOs, e.g., who have their golden parachutes that encourage them to sell out the company so they can get their $200M, etc., at the expense of their customers, their employees and their shareholders. I experienced this with my Bank Boston stock, which I held for its advancement, and which was destroyed by the sale of the bank first to Fleet, then to BoA. I wish I could say that this was the only time this happened to me, but I've seen it happen over and over again, and also for many many other stocks that I've watched rather than held in the last 5 years.

Admit it, it's an unholy mess.

.
Reply to
Winfield

Who was behind the similar attempt in 2000 that the Clinton administration quashed?

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

And deal with the PKK terrorists who have found safe harbor in northern Iraq. They're murdering Turks (and Iranians), which is why Turkey wants to deal with it (if the US/Iraqis won't), and why Iran is shelling border areas. Why do you think they've not been dealt with? More dubious allies?

If foreigners were to immigrate into Iraq in large numbers, displacing Shiites, Sunnis or Kurds the analogy would be closer. Maybe the US should give a prime chunk of Iraq to the Christian Armenians to make up for Muslim Turkey's holocaust. That would sure fix things up. ;-)

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

This is a form of autism different from what you know:

Fred Bloggs

[snip]

Wow! One of my favorite movies! I have it on DVD ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Well, the stock market is mainly a gambling pool ruled by the Greater Fool Theory. It's been so since there were publicly-traded stocks. Read "Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds", published in 1841.

Like any other business, it's the customers who shape how the stock market works.

Actually, there are millions of CEOs in this country, and the ones who quietly work at running their companies don't get much publicity in the press or in congressional hearings. I wish movie stars or sports pros had the integrity of the average CEO.

John

Dunno. Gephardt?

"...pitting the politically influential Armenian-American community against the Turkish government, which hired equally influential former lawmakers like Robert Livingston, Republican of Louisiana, and Richard A. Gephardt, the former Democratic House majority leader, who backed a similar resolution when he was in Congress."

Google reveals in 2000 a measure was approved in committee, but I found no trace in the Federal Register. Mr. Clinton himself intervened with the Speaker to prevent it being voted on by the full House, and Mr. Hastert acceded.

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
James Arthur

--
However, two wrongs often make the left. ;)
Reply to

"Jim Thompson" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Those so-called US "allies" unfortunately do not like free speach at all - and that mentality is tainting the US! If you people do not make a stand soon there will be some greasy mullah telling you that you cannot swear on TeeVee or show nekkid wimmen .... Oh ;-P

Most Americans wont be able to point out Turkey on a map. They wouldn't care if an asteroid fell on it and will care little one way or another because the attention is already used on more important stuff like american idol or britneys latest exploits.

I.M.O. The US and the West in general should abandon the middle east - it's a waste of time, money and ressources trying to stop those people from going to hell. We should stick to stopping them from entering the country instead. A simpler task with immediate benefits.

Reply to
Frithiof Andreas Jensen