Where's the benefit...

message

Then you should speak to the French because their parliament voted to make denying it was genocide a crime and in 1990 they made it a crime to deny the Jewish Holocaust.

Might want to speak to the Swiss too because they apparently also passed a law making it illegal.

Seems the E.U. has a case of pot-kettle-pot=kettle.

Reply to
flipper

Google "armenian California" (Nancy Pelosi's home state)--that's the motivation.

James Arthur

Reply to
James Arthur

Google "armenian California" (Nancy Pelosi's home state) and you'll have your answer.

Besides, she promised:

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
James Arthur

Most of them are a bunch of pompous crooks, so the word "makes" is inappropriate. Here is a typical prototype of a paper pushing maneuverer who wasn't worth a damn when it came down to it.

And you are hardly what can be considered wealthy in this day and age, basically being the hourly wage slave that you are, you don't really know how to make a LOT of money. There are potato chip distributors who make far more than you'll ever see:-)

Fred Bloggs

I read the Wikipedia article, but fail to see your point.

Reply to
Winfield

Thompson is so out of touch with reality that he thinks that this is credible - in fact insults and jokes depend on a certain measure of novelty for their effect, so if he was misspelling my name for effect, he wouldn't do it in every post.

Whereas Republicans - aka right-wing nitwits - know so little about the world that they think that their own propaganda is truthful, complete and reliable, so that they see alternative (usually more detailed and often more accurate) views of the world as mere left-wing fantasies. This shows up when they argue, because they don't cite primary sources, but rely on stuff produced by people who explicitly support their own point of view, uncontaminated by inconvenient ambiguities.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
bill.sloman
[snip]
[snip]

It is certainly not treasonous to _speak_ of anything. But for a governmental body (Congress), presently dominated by the pansy side of our population, to attempt to create a BILL to antagonize one of our best allies... that IS treason.

...Jim Thompson

[snip]

Fred, I suspect I _paid_ more Federal TAX this past year than you make as total income.

What a turkey ass leftist weenie you've become.

...Jim Thompson

It would be 'treason' only if they intended to give aid and/or comfort to the enemy.

But just plain stupid is another matter.

Reply to
flipper

Do you not believe that the ramifications of what will most likely happen on passing such a bill actually does? It is definitely an act of disloyalty. Infact,

"To avoid the abuses of the English law (including executions by Henry VIII of those who criticized his repeated marriages), treason was specifically defined in the United States Constitution, the only crime so defined. Article III Section 3 delineates treason as follows:

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court. The Congress shall have Power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted."

Essentially they are giving aid and comfort to Al-Qaeda and iran. They are trying to get american's out of iraq any way they can and they are going so far as to indirectly support the enemey.

Stupidity is not an excuse for treason.

Reply to
Jon Slaughter

More of your ignorant BS. It is NOT treasonable.

I can see why you would be upset..... You pick your friends according to whether they agree with you and what they might do for you, so by transference, you believe the US government should do the same.

Some of us (the leftist weenie contingent by your definition) care about the character of the people we choose to call, and treat as, friend. The government of Turkey, by officially denying it's citizens free speech, shows a serious lack of character, dangerously similar to other government leaders that the US and other governments have castigated.

Is Turkey it's government, or it's people?

You initiated this thread with a blurting of your personal opinion (as you often do). Why don't you expect better of yourself?

Reply to
Don Bowey

[snip]
[A]

How I pick my personal friends and how governments form self-serving ALLIANCES are two entirely different situations. You have absolutely no clue about me PERSONALLY.

What do YOU call what the Democrats attempted?

Turkey is a BENEFICIAL ALLY, irrespective of how they run their own country.

Typical leftist weenie SUBTERFUGE as a response.

Return to [A] above.

...Jim Thompson

Do Americans care? Anyway, it is just something to put pressure on Turkey not to invade the relatively peacefull northern part of Iraq. Such an invasion would cause even more trouble in this troublesome part of the world.

--
Reply to nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

It would have just the opposite effect. Just on the suggestion of such a bill Turkey recalled their ambassador. With no ally relationship Turkey would feel free to invade Kurdish territories.

Perhaps. Turkey has always felt that the Kurdish area of northern Iraq was Turkish territory.

Sometimes I think division of Iraq into secular chunks is necessary... but then I think of how wonderful the Israeli-Palestine situation works :-(

...Jim Thompson

Prior to the 2006 mid-term elections, Nancy Pelosi promised she'd do this if the Democrats won a majority in the House:

There are a bunch--half a million, I heard--of Armenians in her home state.

So I would say she followed standard operating procedure: identify or create a group of disgruntled people, fan their discontent, then promise to relieve them of it if elected. In this case it was easy since the Armenians were truly, grievously aggrieved.

Although I think it a very foolish, counter-productive, self-serving, ill-advised insult to a reliable ally, Pelosi gets 1/2 a point from me for delivering on her promise.

Best, James Arthur

Reply to
James Arthur

So you declare 'treason' based on your supposedly 'likely' crystal ball prognostications?

As I've already said, it depends on what each person's belief and motivations are and it is quite possible that someone else's crystal ball glows a different Auntie Em than yours.

What if one were to say they are absolutely convinced beyond any doubt there is not a rat's chance in hell any of your 'prognostications' could possibly happen? What evidence do you have of your crystal ball's infallibility and that everyone knows it?

That's your opinion of what you presume they're thinking but I'm not convinced your mind reading abilities are any more reliable than a crystal ball.

Intent is always a factor.

To wit, a squad commander who orders his men ---> that-a-way to escape an ambush only to discover they've inadvertently run smack dab into a machine gun nest hasn't committed 'treason' despite the superficial appearance that the maneuver 'aided' the enemy.

Reply to
flipper

If that's the 'intent' then we're back to just plain stupid.

Reply to
flipper

I hear her current rating amongst her electorate in California is now lower than W's.

Like wise for "Dirty Harry" Reid in Nevada.

I muse that the Republicans could actually take back Congress in 2008 ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Very unlikely.

Even though the economy has been doing quite well, the media has half the public convinced we're in a recession.

Even though the President has lavishly increased spending on healthcare and education (to my horror), the Democrats have the public convinced he's chopping the heads off children.

Now that progress is evident in Iraq, little is said, little credit given--only bad news is news.

The current economic boom is due for a bit of a pullback. (A pullback blossoming in time for the '08 elections + current fears and misconceptions) = solid prospects of a third term for Hillary.

Best, James Arthur

Reply to
James Arthur

Your a moron. You want to play dumb when its something that you don't agree with. Yet you probably believe in every conspiracy out there when it works for you. Fact of the matter is that probability is used by every, even you. When one weighs all the evidence there is little doubt that the liberals are doing this exactly in realtion to the war in iraq. If not then why did it take them almost 100 years to do it? Why so convienent just before the elections and durring a war? if they've waited at least 75 years why can't they wait another 5? Why didn't they do this 10 years ago?

It accomplishes almost absolutely nothing in the big picture in actual reference to what happened. Why do you think will comeout of it if, say, we were not in the middle east and we didn't have any relations with turkey? Its something called "To little, to late". Guess you don't understand that. But when you take in the context of Iraq and how the democrates have been trying to sabatage the effort there since it started then it all makes sense.

Anyways... enough of your idocity... go play somewhere else.

Reply to
Jon Slaughter