where are the guys who were crowing about the dollar being down?

Our muggers are environmentally correct, carbon neutral. They bicycle.

John

No, you need another Astrid Lindgren.

Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Do they remove all the air from their tires before refilling them with 100% nitrogen? :)

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
The first sign of insanity is denying that you\'re crazy.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Just rub it in will you: Even the Swedes pay less tax than we do!

Reply to
Frithiof Jensen

how does the mortgage company gain by evicting the tennants?

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
Jasen Betts

and they fill them to exactly 1.0 Obama[*].

[*] The now official unit of tire pressure.
--
Keith
Reply to

potentially

It doesn't gain anything. It cuts its losses by selling the property.

--
Keith
Reply to

I'm sure you're correct John... this is just another sad commentary on how people think about the economy: It should be obvious to anyone that a property tax increase will, in almost all cases, be directed based on to the tenants.

For the insane property values you have down there in California, it still seems like a lot of people still want to move in, though!

Reply to
Joel Koltner

Rental property often doesn't get taxed the same as owner occupied property. Some area have far lower taxes on apartments even though they may use the same, or more, government services.

For insane property taxes, look to the Northeast. The insane property taxes (and taxes of all sorts) were the primary reason I left.

--
Keith
Reply to

Keith, Are you drinking? The [Obama] has the units of heated air ;-)

...Jim Thompson

 Think things are bad now?  Wait until Obama "takes care" of you.

Nope. I guess with The [Obama] has the units of heated air ;-)

Dunno, since Tuesday the wind on Wall Street is pretty icy.

--
Keith
Reply to

Actually, when illegals are excluded, there's a net migration out.

Maybe even including illegals now, since so many worked building those bubble houses.

Best, James Arthur

Reply to
James Arthur

Gasp! California is tech savvy market and a G10 market in its own right. Your stuff would not be nearly so profitable without it.

Reply to
JosephKK

you

What else would you expect from "Med fly" Brown.

Reply to
JosephKK

By shorting the stock in the hedge-fund holding the now default mortgage bonds?

Reply to
Frithiof Jensen

If it's any consolation even Arnold can't hold back anymore. He just told us that California has to suffer a huge tax blow. The price to pay for many years of bowing down to unions by previous administrations. Stuff like fat two-digit pay raises and such. Not his fault, he inherited that.

Unlike Denmark, California is not a partial island or country. People and businesses can be in Nevada within a few hours. So the politicians must walk a fine line or there will be somewhat of an exodus.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Very true, they may go to Oregon or Arizona or father as well. There is also facilities issues (being fixed property / real estate they are not so portable), community issues (I like my kids schools, particularly in Silicon Valley and San Diego), cultural access issues (like orchestras, live theater, movie houses (especially art houses), parks, etc.,) which can abruptly become big issues if you wish to move

100s or 1000s of personnel. Not to mention the personnel may put up a fight over if you want to move -> pay my moving expenses.

Plus, if you go and leave more than a third of the people behind, Did the good ones come with you? Will future city have access to the kind of people you want to hire (like where you are at)? Will future city have access to the technological resources you are used to as an organization? If target location has all these, what makes it that much better of a place to go to?

Reply to
JosephKK

It's easier than we all may think. Remember HP in Roseville?

The real good ones will be afforded all the incentives they could possibly want. BTDT.

It's surprising how little importance the locale has these days. Most of my clients I have never seen yet I have designed lots of electronics for them. In fact, one client traveled here only to "see the guy" (me). There wasn't really any need, he just wanted a face-to-face.

Mostly these things: Business-friendliness, like how easy the permit process is, how onerous the state regs are. Taxes. Costs of electricity. Availability and cost of natural gas. Etc.