What they won't tell you...

Mine came on me suddenly also. Last Monday morning I felt weak, but otherwise OK... normally I would have gone with wife to her nail salon and got a nice pedicure... hot rocks, scented/salted olive oil massage ;-)... but I opted to stay home.

By 2:00PM I was having violent shaking chills. When wife came back I said I was going to lie down... barely made it, fell into bed. Next thing I remember some strange voice said, "Mr. Thompson?... an EMT.

I was incoherent... couldn't remember names, medications.

I arrived at ER before wife and son... I couldn't sign my name or even make initials... just a vertical line. I thought I was having a stroke... I was aware, but otherwise non-functional :-(

I'm now home, with a two-port PICC Line... my wife administers a massive daily dose of an anti-biotic via the PICC Line

Thanks!

Same to you, yours and to all the S.E.D participants. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Sounds pretty shitty, Jim. I'm sure you have all our best wishes. A stroke is my biggest fear personally, since I live alone for substantial parts of the year. Statistically it would be more likely a block than a bleed, so I keep some Aspirin tablets handy. Being one of the "do not resuss" old-school types, I also keep a cylinder of pure Argon gas handy as well. My thinking goes, in the event of a stroke, take an aspirin immediately and hope the gamble works in my favour. Then call a doctor. If I'm still alive when he gets here, all well and good. If I've bet wrong and it's a bleed, then it's game over anyway. The argon is for something in-between. If I'm left with no function down one side, out comes the argon. You gotta have a plan. Of course others may think life still worth living with partial paralysis so they may choose differently. We all see things differently.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Perhaps you will if that time comes, too. Don't be too hasty.

Reply to
krw

If you can hang tough, it gets better. They just hit you with a mighty big hammer to get the cancer, and they hurt everything else in the process. Brutal. But if you can stick it out through this part & avoid infections while your immune system's down, it heals.

Then, when the misery fades and a few months hence, they'll reassess the cancer & be able to see if they 'got it.'

Truly all the best Jim. It's awful to hear of you in such misery, but it does get better if you can make it through this rough patch.

(My mom was a chemo nurse for >30 years.)

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Thanks, James!! ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

It's also a good idea to boost your battered immune system with a beneficial diet of so-called 'superfoods' (of which there are probably thousands, many as yet undiscovered). Still for a start, here's a pointer to some that *are* well known:

Alex Jones also has a line of supplements that are *very* highly rated by independent sources and happy customers:

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Probably not the most reliable source. If you are having a problem finding food that you can digest try

The problem isn't so much the foods themselves, as what the bacteria in you r large intestine do with them. The bacterial population in your large inte stine isn't quite the same as anybody else's, and it changes with time and what you eat - more if you find yourself exposed to broad-spectrum antibiot ics.

Broad-spectrum diet tips can be equally disruptive.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to