How much lead?

Just a question, hopping someone has an idea. How much lead do you have to add to tin to stop wiskers forming?

TIA

-- The latest set of Shadow Broker tools shows the UK, USA, Canada, Australian and New Zealand spy agencies were hacking into domestic home routers. Who gave them permission to spy on our kids?

Reply to
David Eather

Dunno. However the behaviour of low-lead solders isn't as good as eutectic.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
https://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

On Dec 15, 2017, David Eather wrote (in article ):

At least 5% by weight, comfortably above the 1-3% experimental min to prevent whicker initiation. This requirement is from the US DoD.

For too much data, look for publications by Lyudmyla Panashchenko of NASA Goddard.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joseph Gwinn

I bet it is better than lead free solders. I can't believe the bureaucratic pin heads who though banning all lead in solder would be good

- after all there wouldn't be any tin whiskers in their bright future world. And a 8 fold reduction wasn't enough to sell it. Wow...

/Rant (it'd been a bad day)

--
The latest set of Shadow Broker tools shows the UK, USA, Canada,
Australian and New Zealand spy agencies were hacking into domestic home
routers. Who gave them permission to spy on our kids?
Reply to
David Eather

Magnificent info. Very much appreciate your effort.