Need specs on 8" speakers.

Searched but could not find specs. Looks like an Infinity speaker.

Need the specs on this 8" speaker.

Frequency response. Impedance. Max power

Markings

902-5030 65607 7144E-22

TIA

Reply to
FreeMan

If google, manufacturer's site & reseller sites have not got you anything with those numbers I expect you'll likely not get anything else. If that's the position, you can answer most of the questions good enough for many purposes yourself.

Impedance is a bit more than dc resistance, and usually 4 or 8 ohms. Full range or woofer is easy: connect it to an amp. Power rating: you should be able to count on 20W from an 8" woofer, 15W if full range. It might be significantly more of course. A picture would help. None of this is guaranteed of course.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

You didn't google hard enough...

Martin Riddle

I do not know how to translate what is on that spec sheet suggested to the woofer only specs. The posted freq response seems very short.

I see replacement 4 ohm speakers with better surround material and much higher frequency response but not sure if they are proper to use as a replacement for both woofers (two per enclosure) in the RS-4 speaker enclosures.

Back in the days I just bought speakers from Infinity but now these are not available.

This will be the third set going in and would probably be more replacements if I had not just used them with bad foam. Seemed OK as long as the volume was kept low.

Locally I can get a refoam but the material is questionable and more importantly I can get new supposedly compatible speakers for less than the cost of a refoam.

And the replacements use some poly-mica material or unspecified instead of the material used in the Infinity.

I doubt I can do a refoam myself at age 75.

Anyway, there are so many refoam kits out there that I have no idea which to use an what the material is. I want the speakers to last longer than me so my daughter can inherit a good set of speakers.

Reply to
FreeMan

?

Foam doesn't last long term. Paper is too stiff.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr