What's this newsgroup for?

[snip]

Try Prosecco.

...Jim Thompson

And Moo Goo Goo Goo is Chinese baby food.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

It was the Dash-80 (707 prototype) that "Tex" rolled. He was admonished for doing it. He told the President of Boeing (Allen) that the plane didn't know it was upside down. The return was something like; "You know that and I know that, but out stockholders don't - don't do it again".

After the first million, who cares? ...and if they fire you, they can't make your life miserable. ;-)

--
  Keith
Reply to

The only one where I had such thoughts was in a Dornier DO-27. Iced up in a jiffy during the roll, too late to abort, couldn't gain altitude, bush pilot who normally never talks began to cuss, pine trees coming up fast, not enough altitude to do the parachute bail.

Wheels brushed a big plume of snow off the tops. Whew....

Then there was a 767 engine loss over the Atlantic and it only has two. But that was nothing compared to the DO-27 event.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Um, what were you doing in a Dornier DO-27...?

Was the pilot able to restart the engine eventually?

Michael

Reply to
mrdarrett

A pressure sensor interface using unity gain buffers and a diff amp fed into a uC which can then be accessed by a custom written program running on a pc using rs-232.

Michael

Reply to
Michael

Jumping out of it at around 8-9000ft, as high as it would economically go with five guys and gear in there. You could possibly bail at 1500ft or even lower if you pull the (faster) reserve chute right away. But not at 50ft.

Nope. But we had the most ceremonious reception at Frankfurt. It seemed like all the fire trucks and ambulances Frankfurt could muster were assembled. Plus they cleared the whole FRA airspace for us and that alone is no small feat for a major hub. The AA captain did a marvelous job and really greased it onto the runway. I sure hope he received a nice bonus for that.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to