What's it worth?

Who is going to spring for the box of Crayola?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

http://www.flickr.com/photos/materrell/
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

As many grandchildren as I have, we have one of our bedrooms designated as "The Playroom", two PC's with restricted network access, crayons, coloring books, TV, DVD Player, VCR, Lego tables, etc ;-)

...Jim Thompson

 Stormy on the East Coast today... due to Bush\'s failed policies.

Hmm...

Good, good, bad, bad, bad, good.

--
SCNR, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Like our "money", it is worth the paper it is printed on and not a nanocent more. Prolly 38 cents as postage.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Sorry, the "forever" stamps show the liberty bell. The flag stamp is an "ordinary" stamp.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Do not complain yet, the depression has BAERly started...

Reply to
Robert Baer

FALSE. "Forever" stamps ARE good for international mail; i have been using them since issue to send stuff to Ethiopia; zero problems.

Reply to
Robert Baer

What? You're the one who's enamored with lame western DVD's ;-)

...Jim Thompson

 Stormy on the East Coast today... due to Bush\'s failed policies.

Huh? How do you know how many you'll need on an envelope? While the rate inside the US went up by 2c the rate to Europe has been raised by 4c.

Quite an inflationary trend there at USPS. OTOH we still pay a whole lot less than Europeans do. Probably it would be smart to buy one truckload of forever stamps but I'm afraid the glue will give up after a few years.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

It is a _good_ western.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

And its getting better all the time. I went on a short holiday to Germany. I could use my debit card in almost every shop and restaurant. The people behind the counter look a bit puzzled at first because of the strange card. Especially in the German 'home depot' Bauhaus. I needed some tiles for the kitchen wall and they just had THE excellent ones. I guess they don't see many tourists.

It takes a real man to admin he doesn't need some of his stuff :-) I recently cleared out some old items and projects that I had obtained/designed over 15 years ago. Funny. When you get older, the stuff you build / designed yourself starts to break down.

Someone once told me that women are attached to their man, men are attached to their belongings. I think its true.

                     "If it doesn\'t fit, use a bigger hammer!"
Nico Coesel

Hey Joerg--you may've just come up with the perfect inflation-proof, defensive investment: stamps.

Buy a load now, sell in a couple years...

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
James Arthur

They have codecs for it. At the British Museum.

"There\'s something vewy scwewy going on awound here." -- Elmer Fudd
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Per unit area, about the same as a 10 dollar bill, and climbing. There are specie of "forever stamps" that are sufficient postage for up to about 1-1/2 oz first class mail regardless of several subsequent price increases.

Reply to
JosephKK

Slow to make backups, though.

   \\|/  \\|/     it is illegal to kill them."    Perna condita delenda est
Bob Larter