My Tea Party Starts at 3:00pm

I'll be at my local Tea Party today, how about you!

Mike

Reply to
amdx

Is this that "taxation without representation" thing? Interesting idea. So, how about DC residents: admit DC as a separate state, with two Senators and two Representatives, or just establish congressional districts for DC within Maryland's apportionment?

--
Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
Reply to

How about we just eliminate DC and start new in Missouri !

Mike

Reply to
amdx

Move the US Capital to the former site of Ft. Greely, AK. Its cold enough to handle all the political hot air without even noticing. Then they could see Russia from the Capital Dome! Of course they would have to allow residents to own guns, or the buffalo and wild animals would eat all the fat cats.

Michael A. Terrell

I'd love to, but the taxman took away my car. )-;

Have Fun! Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

Bison[1] are herbivores. They might trample, gore, or otherwise attack fat cats, but they won't eat them.

[1] Buffalo live in Africa and Asia, not the Americas (zoos and exotic pets notwithstanding).
Reply to
Nobody

I do believe buffalo were native to the great plains of North America before the white man came and decimated them.

...Jim Thompson

Technically they are called bison but most Americans probably use the word buffalo. Just like the Sioux would refer to them as tatonka.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Yep. As in "Dances with Wolves", one of my all-time favorites!

...Jim Thompson

Thanks for the heads-up. I went to a local one--it was great!

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
James Arthur

I went to the columbus tea party. The crowd was good sized, maybe

4K-5K. the signs were great. Unfortunately ,other than a pharmacist from Marysville the speakers were absolutelty lame. They completely missed the point. I left when they put the Delaware county recorder on to speak and he spoke about how important his [gov't] job is.

They had another guy plugging the fair tax, but he never mentioned anything about how spending needs to be cut, just how redoing the tax system will fix everything (yeah - right). I yelled out that government spending must be reduced. He never actually mentioned that as he presented his fair tax plan.

The speakers were lame ass politicians who did not grasp the event at all. I walked away thinking that if that is the best our side can put up then we have lost.

If I were a Democrat, I would have been laughing at the lameness of the oposition.

Reply to
bulegoge

I attended the one in Santa Ana, California today. The speakers there were much more on point there. They did speak about the destructive effects of the bailouts and the need to stimulate the economy by cutting taxes and spending instead of printing more money. There were several booths there. One was for Ron Paul. Another was for the recall of Arnold Schwarzenegger. A memorable sign was a take off on Obama's "Real Change" campaign. It read "Real Chains."

About what is coming for the economy:

To reply directly remove the sj. from my email address. This is a spam
jammer.
Reply to
Artist

[...]

Tell that to the cleanup crews that had to follow the twice a year migration through the base to shovel up their crap. They made the roads unusable, till it was hauled away.

Google says they exist: Results 1 - 10 of about 19,000,000 for american buffalo.

Michael A. Terrell

Of which, the first two hits are for a play/film named "American Buffalo", while the third is:

American Bison From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The American Bison (Bison bison) is a North American species of bison, also commonly known as the American buffalo. "Buffalo" is somewhat of a misnomer for this animal, as it is only distantly related to either of the two "true buffaloes", the Asian buffalo (or "water buffalo") and the African buffalo

Reply to
Nobody

Absolutamente!

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

My Mom (RIP) used to talk about a visit to her home-town zoo as a kid. There was an animal there that they called a buffalo. The thing that made it memorable was the sign that said, "Please do not tantalize the buffalo."

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

So, should "beefalo" really be called "beefison"? ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Standing in a crowd waving signs and speechifying might get a lot of press, but did any of those people have the intestinal fortitude to actually NOT PAY THE TAXES?

Somehow, I kinda doubt it.

And I'm not just blowing smoke - I haven't paid any income taxes in over ten years!

Maybe that makes me eligible to serve on President Barry's cabinet! ;-D

Thanks, Rich