"I can't be doing so badly, because I'm President and you're not."

Who am I quoting? Bet you'll never guess.

--

Rick C
Reply to

I'm guessing President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho?

--sp

--
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

Oh yeah, the context was comments about the state of the US economy and employment.

--

Rick C
Reply to

"I'm the king of the castle and you're the dirty rascal"

Sigh, I thought I'd last heard that sort of thing when I left elementary school. Playground bullies - I guess they never grow up.

John

Reply to
John Robertson

Oh, I'll guess Richard Nixon. Not because it's right, just because it ... fits. (hey, it's a good strategy for crossword puzzles...)

Reply to
whit3rd

It's Trump. I cheated and looked it up. It does however sound like his typical narcissistic self.

Reply to
hondgm

It has been so long that I had forgotten that chant. I wonder if they have it in different parts of the world and, if so, whether the tune is the same. The tune will be known by everybody in the UK.

Yes.

Add the "if I can get away with it, it is OK" mentality, and you have fertile soil for Enron-type enterprises.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

And you're not ?>:-} ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions.

And he's right, as usual.

lunatic fringe electronics

I don't recall Nixon ever saying anything that was publicly as embarrassing as that. In private Nixon was a bit of a tyrant, but in public he understood how important image is.

--

Rick C
Reply to

That's true, he is President, but other people are too. So he's not completely right.

--

Rick C
Reply to

Trump: "I can't be doing so badly, because the people elected me President!"

The People: "We can't be doing so badly, because look, our guy Trump is president!"

Reply to
bitrex

It seems in politics you actually CAN have over-unity positive feedback!

Reply to
bitrex

When did you change your mind, and why? I seem to recall that your opinion of the previous president was less positive. What makes this one different?

Jasen Betts

Obama was a wuss and a prime jerk with a messiah complex.

Trump's not a politician or a diplomat. He's a manager. He has surrounded himself with experts who have said that they will push back, which is what good managers do.

The MOAB drop on ISIS is an interesting move. T says that he didn't make the decision, that he delegated to the military, but it does send an interesting message in some quarters.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Zero references to observations of behavior or speech.

Mention an episode, give an example, no one here can know with what you think 'prime' means in modifying 'jerk'. Time derivative of acceleration equal to three, five, seven...?

The 'wuss' handled two wars and took out Osama bin Laden. This, somehow doesn't seem right.

Reply to
whit3rd

is typical narcissistic self.

Obama did think about stuff more deeply than John Larkin does, and does see m to have been cleverer than John Larkin (which isn't saying much), so John Larkin isn't going to like him.

I can't say I can see any evidence of a Messiah complex - Obama was thoroug hly pragmatic, and did get Obamacare through congress which was rather more than a wuss could have managed. John Larkin isn't into understanding compl icated projects so he may not entirely appreciate the magnitude of that ach ievement.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

> Trump's not a politician or a diplomat. He's a manager. He has
> surrounded himself with experts who have said that they will push
> back, which is what good managers do.
>
> The MOAB drop on ISIS is an interesting move. T says that he didn't
> make the decision, that he delegated to the military, but it does send
> an interesting message in some quarters.
>

> --
>
> John Larkin         Highland Technology, Inc
> picosecond timing   precision measurement
>
> jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
> http://www.highlandtechnology.com
Reply to
bill.sloman

[rest or rant deleted] Why does being president mean Trump is doing not-so-badly?

How is it that this measure was not applicable to Obama?

Jasen Betts

Whenever an older man calls the man who is possibly responsible for giving the order to send younger men to their deaths a "wuss" or "pansy" I always ask the important questions:

Where did you serve? Where did you serve? Where did you serve?

Reply to
bitrex

I designed the engine control systems for the LHA ships and systems for the C5A. Someone decided that I was more useful designing electronics than marching around. Actually, I was sort of in the Navy for a week but didn't much like it.

Obama and Hillary bombed Lybia and Syria and left the mess we have today, hundreds of thousands dead and millions of immigrants. The wussiness was not following through, not being responsible for consequences, bombing for political gain.

I don't recall Obama serving either.

lunatic fringe electronics