What is this circuit's function?

Hi All,

Could you please advice what is this circuit's function?

I have changed the value from original design, but I think you can still know what it is.

It seems that Q45 is no effect, is that a protection circuit?

and why need Q47 to drive Q4.....

Best regards, Boki.

Reply to
Boki

What do you think it's supposed to do ?

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Pooh Bear =E5=AF=AB=E9=81=93=EF=BC=9A

I guess that is protection or boot up circuit....

Best regards, Boki.

Reply to
Boki

It doesn't appear to be connected to very much other than power and ground. As such it will do nothing useful.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

remove the 3v batteries and replace with a 3v3 p-p ac signal, see what happens

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

If Q46 collector connects a LED, does this circuit mean anything?

I am not sure, but saw it.

Best regards, Boki.

Reply to
Boki

sorry, still no idea..

Best regards, Boki.

Reply to
Boki

What are you copying? Knowing this may help.

Reply to
Rob

Rob =E5=AF=AB=E9=81=93=EF=BC=9A

um... I think it is a LED driving circuit. This part I show is power part I think. due to switch is at collector of Q46 ( of course, series LED first, and then to switch )

Boki.

Reply to
Boki

If you imagine Q45's base as the input, this circuit will be a zero-crossing switch, that is if the input is above 0V, Q46 is on, below 0V the output is off. Q45 serves as a level-shifting impedance-raising transistor. Most of us would add a resistor in Q47's collector to limit the Q46 base current, rather than simply depending on Q47's beta and the 900k resistor. We might also add a hysteresis feedback resistor from Q46-C to Q47-B.

Now, as for the purpose of the 300k pullup on Q45's base... As a zero-crossing switch, the input should not go below -0.5 volts, or Q45's collector-base diode will turn on.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Winfield Hill =E5=AF=AB=E9=81=93=EF=BC=9A

Thank you so much for your advice.

Best regards, Boki.

Reply to
Boki