EMC problem in battery charger

Hi all,

EMC problems are happened in battery charger so, I trying to remove them using bead, C and EMI core.

You can see it in this

Fig. 1: Normal Fig. 2: Copper shield, Bead and C in input terminal Fig. 3: EMI core around cable, copper shield, Bead and C in input terminal

Howerever, I want to get more margin than fig. 3 in emc_problem.pdf. What should I do to do it.

DC/DC converter input is as follow. Input: 12V2.0A

Thanks,

From Bob.
Reply to
Bob J.

Pooh Bear

Hmmm..........

More C perhaps ? Perhaps some real L too rather than a ferrite lump 'band aid' ?

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

I would be looking at the circuit design, itself, and trying to find the actual sources of EMI. Then I would try to reduce its generation at those sources, or contain it, there, before trying to contain it further from the source with the methods you are trying.

Reply to
John Popelish

This sounds like a band aid situation to me to get the device through approvals. Can't figure what the copper shield is for though.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Capacitance is 10uF.

Reply to
Bob J.

Try adding a 0.047 uF and a 0.0022 uF in parallel.

--
JosephKK
--Schiller