What do you call it?

Buy a cheap digital kitchen scale, find the sg of all your ingredients and convert required volumes to g or oz and rewrite the recipe.

Then use the add 'n' weigh facility to make the perfect cocktail combo.

Also saves on the washing up as you can use your shaker or cocktail glass as the container.

Hell, moving on, you could turn this into a microprocessor controlled cocktail mixing gizmo to deliver any dialled in drink! Must be a huge market out their just gagging for this ....

Andy

Reply to
Andy Bennett

Gravimetric chemistry beats volumetric chemistry for convenience and precision.

Washing up and drying volumetric glass-ware was always a real pain, and moving to physical chemistry got away from most of that.

You've still got to dispense the liquids, and once you put a component into a mixture its difficult to take it out again.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Propagation of usenet probably not anything to do with Thunderbird.

Are those photo things made of plastic? Most of the labware ones are Pyrex or borosilicate glass.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

It doesn't say what the material is. I guess you need to ask the seller. Mikek

amdx

Measuring cylinder.

Syd
Reply to
Syd Rumpo

Actually, about 40 years ago, I designed and built a metered drink dispenser for bars... to keep bartenders from doing what Larkin suggested that "good" bartenders do... overfill. ...Jim Thompson

nd

s as

most bars here have had something like that for as long as I remember. basically an automatic measure pourer bottle top mounted to the bottle with a heat shrink seal, inside is a magnetic locking mechanism and some kind of ID so it will only pour when a collar, attached to a computer, is put on top of the bottle

The computer counts how many from each bottle, and when, so even with different prices on different bottles at different times there is no way of cheating

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Who the hell's side are you on?

I've seen the computerized dispensers, at cheap franchise-chain bars. May as well install a drink vending machine and eliminate the bartenders entirely.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

and

ss as

when you hire clueless teens and pay them peanuts, instead of real bartenders and a decent pay, control beats trust

A bar I used to go to had a couple of price winning tenders, new owner thought they were too expensive and got a bunch of clueless bimbos instead but people quickly stopped coming because three of them couldn't keep up with one of the pros

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

ad

sure but tipping isn't the norm here, so while they do get tips it is not m uch

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

The top bartenders here make over $100K.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Ah, that might make a difference. The weird thing is that tips increase from both males and females.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

I've only seen them in high-end and airport bars. The neighborhood bar or restaurant would go broke very quickly with a metered pour.

Vending machines aren't very good psychoanalysts. ;-)

Reply to
krw

Teens? Where the hell to you live that teens can tend bar?

They just needed to wear less.

Reply to
krw

Top waiters, too. Some even have to pay the house for the privilege.

Reply to
krw

Get one of these and indulge your alcoholism at home:

bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Den mandag den 12. januar 2015 kl. 00.05.38 UTC+1 skrev snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz:

ts and

bo.

glass as

ed

ge

Denmark, once you are 18 you can do pretty much anything

also have to be 18 to drink in a bar, when 16 you can buy anything up to

16.5% in shops

ad

doesn't help if people die of thirst before they get served

Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

It's 21 for both, in every state. Even when 19yos could drink, the law was 21 to tend bar. In most states, it's even 21 to sell beer in a supermarket.

They'll die happy.

Reply to
krw

I searched a bit. Here's some food grade measures

You can get them from

Martin Riddle