What do you call it?

Think college chemistry lab, about 1" diameter glass cylinder, graduated probably in cc or ml.

What was it called?

I'd like one graduated in oz.

Need... for quality Martini's >:-} ...Jim Thompson

Graduated cylinder. Mikek

Reply to
amdx

-------------------------------------------------------^^^^^^^^^

--^^^^^^^^^

cylinder, graduated

Reply to
Don Y

Graduated cylinder.

OR - for effect - you could drop by your local farm store and pick up a horse-size syringe. :)

(or similar)

Reply to
mpm

It's called a measuring cylinder

I don't like your chances of getting one graduated in fluid ounces. In the civilised world, the metric system took over a long time ago. Of course, the US is barely civilised, so you may find a US supplier of what you want.

Quite why you'd need one for dispensing Martini vermouth escapes me. American have been known to put gin into vermouth - and corrupted my father into the habit for a while, but he'd outgrown it before he'd got as old as Jim is now.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

A "Jigger"

Reply to
David Eather

Consider using a burette instead for additional chem cred.

Reply to
Ralph Barone

I'd get a ketchup pack type fill line and put the exact amounts in those blister packs, and then you could keep a whole string of each in the fridge or wherever the place for them needs to be, but be able to "whip one up" in seconds flat!

So, you'd have the double Vodka bags and the double Gin bags for those guys. and the single serve Vermouth and Voila!

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

I would use a hospital "drip bag" for that "always infused" atmosphere.

The Martini glass is the patient. Keeps losing vital fluids to some Gorgzilla martini monster. Have to replenish...

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Here you go:

It's not clear whether that's Imperial oz or U.S. oz, but the difference is fairly small (4%).

But ml would look more scientific and the conversions should not be too challenging.

I have a nice looking Pyrex 250 ml (about 8-1/2 US oz) one with a red transparent band on the side in with the single malts (more or less randomly- glass with glass), I have not used it for booze).

Similar to this one:

Could use a burette as well:

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

p.s. they're available in different sizes

Capac. Subdiv. Tol. Cat. No. Each (list)

4 oz. 1/16 oz. _0.3 dr. 08-563B 38.78 8 oz. 1/8 oz. _0.7 dr. 08-563C 52.44 16 oz. 1/4 oz. _1.0 dr. 08-563D 73.44 32 oz. 1/2 oz. _1.5 dr. 08-563E 113.45

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

4 Gin 3 Water 2 Sake 1 Simple syrup Splash of Olive Brine ;-)

...Jim Thompson

In the US, a "jigger" is nominally 1.5oz -- apparently nowhere near large enough for Jim's needs.

I'd suggest the other alternative: scale the Rx *up* to something larger, mark the sides of the container (HF being good for this -- if you want a real professional appeal!) in the order in which the ingredients are "added", shake well... dispense.

Reply to
Don Y

The trade uses pour spouts, either measured or unmeasured, the latter go by time. The accuracy improves considerably with BAC level.

bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

A good bartender will fill a jigger and let the pour overflow for a while.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Jim Thompson prodded the keyboard

I always called it a "Measuring jar" !

--
Best Regards:
                       Baron.

Poor Slowman, doesn't know any better than to piss into the wind.

Plus... he seems quite ignorant of Martini drinks.

But he blathers a lot... must be the vomit running up his nose >:-} ...Jim Thompson

I rarely look at his posts. I assume he's as pompous and useless as ever.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Jim-out-of-touch-with-reality-Thompson has responded to a John Larkin post which - in turn - had been a reaction to one of mine, as if it were mine alone.

Jim has to be ignorant (no surprise there) if thinks that the US name for a barbaric vermouth and gin cocktail doesn't owe anything to the Martini brand of Italian vermouth.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

John Larkin scarcely looks at the posts he's responding to, which tends to explain why his posts are often both pompous and useless.

My post - to which he did respond - did identify the kind of measuring cylinder which Jim Thompson was asking about, both by the common name (at least where I've been) and with the Wikipedia entry.

This isn't useless. Being rude about the American habit of contaminating Italian vermouth with gin isn't what's usually meant by pompous, but John isn't good with words (as his claim to be a source of "insanely good" electronics made obvious).

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to