What do you think about this online catolog?

Take a couple of minutes to figure out how to move around in this online catolog. I think it's kinda neat. Move mouse to top and bottom to see page changer and index, etc.

Mike

Reply to
amdx

I am still thinking...

-- Boris

Reply to
Boris Mohar

It goes at about 5 frames per second, CPU pegged. Why doesn't anyone realize HTML 4 has the same functionality? Flash is slow as hell. Java is slow as hell.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Williams

Slow? On dial-up it "never" shows anything; 5 minutes is too long...

Reply to
Robert Baer

It goes at about 5 frames per second, CPU pegged. Why doesn't anyone realize HTML 4 has the same functionality? Flash is slow as hell. Java is slow as hell.

Tim

Does that mean you don't like it? You would like if it was faster? And why when I clicked on reply did I not get the >

before your previous post and a >> before my previous post? Mike

Reply to
amdx

Only brain-dead idiots who wants to discourage customers from finding and buying anything do catalogs like this one.

If your goal is to look "cool" - leave it as is.

If your goal is to sell something or be useful - place downloadable PDF file with correct bookmarks. it will be WAY better than current junk.

Want to see one good catalog website - visit

Mouser got better lately too, almost as good as Digikey.

--
Andrew
Reply to

Nice, makes me want to call them up and order one...

A catalogue, that is ;)

Martin Riddle

Indeed. My computer is rather old by today's standards, but it still holds its own, and is fully capable of computing everything I do on a daily basis. (Hell, in principle, I should be able to use a ~500MHz P2 computer, but Windows XP, most browsers, and anything Flash or Java based, make that impractical.)

Ahh, you must be using a newsreader like OE... same thing happens to me when I'm using OE and replying to a Google Grouper. Sadly, I don't have NNTP access here, so I am reduced to posting through Google...

Tim

Reply to
Tim Williams

Indeed. My computer is rather old by today's standards, but it still holds its own, and is fully capable of computing everything I do on a daily basis. (Hell, in principle, I should be able to use a ~500MHz P2 computer, but Windows XP, most browsers, and anything Flash or Java based, make that impractical.)

Ahh, you must be using a newsreader like OE... same thing happens to me when I'm using OE and replying to a Google Grouper. Sadly, I don't have NNTP access here, so I am reduced to posting through Google...

Tim Yes, OE but what happened is a rarety, that's why I mentioned it. Mike

Reply to
amdx

Hi Andrew, I'm glad I tried the digikey site again, usually I end up on the apply filters page and never find what I want. I hit on the pdf catalog page this time, good, although I didn't see a next page button. If your goal is to be a Phil wanna be, you get an F. Thanks, Mike

Reply to
amdx

That is *horrible*. Way too much data to go anywhere and it's not useful when you get there. I refuse to buy from anyone with a site that cumbersome.

Reply to
krw

Interesting. Usually Digikey and Mouser are the only site you can find something. I do not use Arrow, Newark, Avnet, etc unless I absolutely have to and I know the exact Mfg+P/N, because it is impossible to find anything there.

Why would anyone need "next page button"? If you need to read catalog, get a real printed one or download the whole pdf and use it at you leisure.

I understand why nxtbook does what it does, but I do not understand why anyone with just a little bit of common sense would use their junk.

=====

Hybrid Indexed Flash (HIF): Website developers love HTML because it's easily indexed by search engines, but users love Flash content because of the dynamic reading experience. Click here to learn how Nxtbook Media combines the best of both! =====

Funny, huh? The part about users loving Flash content in engineering catalogs.

--
Andrew
Reply to

Gee, I wonder if they will pay me to give them all the groups negative feedback :-) Mike

Reply to
amdx

Sure. Just tell them you lost them nn customers. ;-)

Reply to
krw

Wastefully glitzy and slow. A pigs ear parading as a silk purse.

Reply to
JosephKK

=20

Go for it anyway. It will not improve without the target audience bitching about it.

Reply to
JosephKK