Way OT: A little Wednesday humour

Sent to me by an acquaintance who remembered I had lived in the South ;)

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS

A couple of Christmases ago my youngest daughter gave me a two-CD set of Tom Mabe. Keeps me rolling in the floor ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Brought back a lot of happy memories. I must admit - to say nothing of being the sort of thing I am jealous I didn't do!

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS

The best response I ever did to a telemarketer:

Keep in mind I have a deep voice and I _do_ have a southern drawl ;)

Phone rings: Me: (fixing dinner for then 9 year old, as single dad) Hi TM: Can I speak to the lady of the house? Me : Speaking Click

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS

My standard response is to cuss them out... it's legal since I didn't call them, they called me... so they can't claim that I'm a pervert, at least not legally ;-)

However, if I'm not busy, I do play some of Mabe's games... interrupt in the middle of the speel so they lose their place, or ask personal questions or, as I did once, "You sound like a babe"... she hung up really fast ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Pete,

the audio was really nice, but yours

is just terrific! Doesn't get any better than that, Monthy Python or whatever :-) :-) :-) (that's me laughing again).

Dimiter

PeteS wrote:

Didi

;)

html

Years ago, before we could register to not be pestered by these calls. I caused a telesales girl to break down in tears. Helped no end by an inventive sob story and backed up with lie after lie in support of it. I'm still truly, deeply ashamed of what I did. Perhaps moreso I glimpsed a bit of myself I really didn't like. After that episode I resolved just to offer the usual, curt, "Fuck off" before hanging up. john

john jardine

Well, I have been known to amuse myself with telemarketers - as Jim said, interrupting is fun, although I sometimes wait for them to finish and then critique their sales pitch.

Another of my favourites

TM : We have a carpet cleaning special! Me : Can it get out fresh blood? *Lots* of fresh blood? TM : Our carpet cleaning is second to none Me : Does it also clean the floorboards under the carpet, especially for blood? TM : Silence Me :

Although once it led to a visit from the neighbourghood cop ;)

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS

Tell them you were considering slaughtering your own cows or chickens?

Reply to
Joel Kolstad

Considering I was living in Florida at the time, Santeria might be believable ;)

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS

Very much ...

Customer: "Ello, Miss!" Man In Shop: "Whaddya mean, 'Miss'?" Customer: "Oh, I'm sorry, I have a cold. I wish to make a complaint ..."

--

Pluto needs full planet status!

Mike