A little step aside...

While waiting for my Sony Super HAD starlight camera module, and as I also needed a decent analog capture, I got one of these cards:

Lot of value for money for what it can do, and a lot better than USB capture sticks...

There is a Linux driver 'ivtv' (nothing to do with ITV TV)... But sort of cumbersome as this card has a hardware MPEG1/2 and MP2 encoder, and a zillion options, all accessible (more or less) via 'v4l2-ctl' from the command line IF you can remember all the syntax... and command format...

So I am writing a little GUI so I can just 'press a button'...

It already works, good enough for me to use with them old analog cameras, but still needs some stuff added.

If there are people interested I could make the code public. So in that case let me know _here_.

That card seems to support every TV standard on earth too...

So this allows high bitrate MPEG2 video + mp2 audio with low processor load to be recorded... radio too... Basically it is just a v4l2-ctl GUI interface.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

What programming language do you use ?

Reply to
hamilton

On a sunny day (Wed, 28 Aug 2013 08:41:50 -0600) it happened hamilton wrote in :

C (with gcc).

Reply to
Jan Panteltje