Using salvaged laptop screens on PC . . .

Using salvaged laptop screens on PC . . .

What's up with this? Is it possible to use a laptop screen on a PC? Where can one find documentation pertinent to understanding the interface? After all, how different forms a standard DVI interface could it be? You can see what a cool thing it would be. I like the idea of having a laptop screen on my computer. I could use it to keep the performance monitor on all the time, or I could put my gadgets on it. It would be neat.

Thought anyone?

- Stan Shankman

Reply to
Stan Shankman

Yes, the laptop that is attached to the screen works very well as a PC.

National Semiconductor.

In almost every way, except that it uses wires.

Why?

My thoughts are that with LCD monitors so freaking cheap now you should really, REALLY just buy one. I was hoping that the low price of LCD monitors would kill this "reuse laptop screens" meme but I see I was wrong. What is the attraction? It's a difficult problem.

Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1

Precisely. And if you want to save money, buy a few broken ones and turn these into a working one (or more).

--
Programmeren in Almere?
E-mail naar nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)

Yup.

Nico Coesel wrote:

...and Murphy's Law says that all the units you buy will have the same problem. 8-(

Reply to
JeffM