Use vias for hi-amp thru-hole (not SMT) component layout?

I have several MOSFETs that are each connected to their current sense resistors via broad 4oz. Cu. traces (short distance). Since they are both thru-hole components, I have run the traces on both the top and bottom of the board. This is a very low frequency application, essentially DC.

I've seen an array of vias used to tie the top-layer trace for a SMT component to the bottom-layer ground plane. I was wondering if that might be of any use here (to reduce trace resistance)

Since I already have the MOSFET and resistor leads tying the top and bottom traces together at the ends of the trace, I didn't think it would help to add vias to the traces. Especially since the via openings might actually reduce the surface area of the trace. I'm not sure if the walls of vias compensates for area lost, especially with

4oz. Cu.

Is that true? Or would adding the vias help? Thanks!

-- remove SPAMMENOT for e-mail responses --

Reply to
John

It's true.

ian