Use a usb pendrive with a microcontroller

"Cuentin" wrote in news:GZGqe.50501$ snipped-for-privacy@news.ono.com:

I've seen some ARMs have USB host capabilities. For example the Atmel AT91RM9200 has such a capability. I've seen some projects where people emulated USB devices (for example, here:

but my understanding is that emulating the usb host interface is a good deal more complicated - so you'd probabaly have to go with a faster chip. Best of luck!

Reply to
Michael Noone

Hello Cuentin,

No idea. If by pen drive you mean those USB memory sticks I heard that it was quite difficult. There are micro controllers with built-in USB features (TUSB series from TI?).

Anyway, SD card memory might be a lot easier if you are just after lots of storage space.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

Have anyone accessed to a usb pendrive using a microcontroller? How can I do it? If someone have used a usb pendrive with a microcontroller please help me. Thanks and sorry by my english.

Cuentin

Reply to
Cuentin

Relatively difficult, but not impossible, to roll your own. The USB clients in the pen drives have to talk to a protocol stack in a USB host, i.e., normally a PC.

There are vendors that have such things for embedded processors.

Search for "embedded usb host" or similar.

--
Rich Webb   Norfolk, VA
Reply to