USB mouse on serial port

Yes, and you can still put a USB 2 hub on the other port and run other USB devices with it, so it is the perfect peripheral upgrade addition to an old box.

Reply to
TheGlimmerMan

I would prefer the short jump power levels of the BT to the higher power cell carriers. I think they operate in a burst styled transmit paradigm too, no?

Reply to
SuspendedInGaffa

G > If the OP's old computer didn't have USB I doubt it G > has a PCI EXPRESS slot for USB 3.

Archie > Are you sure that is all that is available? Archie > Do you always bound around Archie > like a slug with blinders on?

OK, Archie, I said that if the guy's old computer did not have USB that I doubt it would have a PCI Express slot.

Prove me wrong, then, dipstick!

Find a popular main board that's old enough that it didn't even have USB 1.0 yet it has a PCI Express slot!

Find some old as hell 100 MHz junker with no USB and it probably don't have a PCI Express slot.

Prove me wrong, Archie!

Reply to
Greegor

G > If the OP's old computer didn't have USB I doubt it G > has a PCI EXPRESS slot for USB 3.

Archie > Are you sure that is all that is available? Archie > Do you always bound around Archie > like a slug with blinders on?

If the computer is old enough to not HAVE any USB port built in, then it also would not be new enough to have a PCI Express slot which is REQUIRED for a USB 3.0 card.

ie He probably cannot use a USB 3.0 card in his computer.

His PCI slots might not even be PCI 2.1 compliant. Is that required to get a USB 2.0 card to work?

Reply to
Greegor