Suggestion for a cable

Hi, I need to make a cable (10cm circa) for 7LVDS signals (running at

300MHz) and 10 normal signals. So my cable must have 7*2+10=24wires. This cable shouldn't be flat and shold be connected to an HMSC connector if possible

Any suggestion? Thanks

Reply to
fasf

fasf schrieb:

Hello,

if you need 7 differential signals and 10 normal signals, you should have some ground lines too. A shield may be useful.

Bye

Reply to
Uwe Hercksen

There are companies that make custom cables.

Shouldn't be too hard.

John Nagle

Reply to
John Nagle

You will almost certainly need a custom PCB to connect to the HSMC connector, both sides are designed for PCB mounting.

Nial.

Reply to
Nial Stewart

Any suggestion? I've seen samtec, but i'm looking for cheaper company

Reply to
fasf

If the cable is to be placed in a pathway it needs to be armored to protect it. If it is an interconnect and its path is protected from abuse you can go softer.

You could use Ethernet cables (2 of them) to make the LVDS runs.

Final length also matters and you did not mention that either.

Buy a spool of Silver Plated Copper 20 gauge Teflon wire (SPC TFE)and make the ten straight runs and twist up 7 pairs for your differential runs, put some lacing cord ties along the length, and put it all in a big piece of heat shrink or braided jacket. Way cheaper than looking for some near match pre-done cable. Especially the lost personal time looking for it.

Reply to
TheGlimmerMan

Can you use twisted pair for the LVDS signal lines? Have you looked through the Belden and other wire catalogs. They make lots of different cables with multiply twisted pairs.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Belden does have a 24 (12 twisted pair) cable. And if you look at most LVDS LCD's you see they use a cable by Copartner.

Martin Riddle