USB function generators?

Normal? We are still in contact with the kids (now retired) of the first owners. The house was built in 1970 and they can't remember anything like that. In fact, the house had a fairly weak radiant heat system which a later owner simply cut off with an angle grinder (%#&*!!).

Met a neighbor yesterday, they already upped the ante to five cords for next season. Guess we also should have ... or move to another state. In view of the pension funds blowing up around here that may be necessary anyhow.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Yep, the lack of isolation is a problem. Can be fixed but that'll cost users another $100.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

this

D2778

omputer

any

, stress

work

ox

My

rs

days.

/or

ew

.

ys

OS.

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0... Think

ry.

at

sed

ly

Hey, all you have to do is 5V to be legal. The probably with 232 powered devices is there is no spec on how much power the 232 device should deliver. There is a spec on the DC load (input resitor of receiver), plus what you need for slewing. However, the good 232 devices try to limit the slewing, so they don't need as much drive. The whole serial mouse industry lived without a spec.

Reply to
miso

Early on, didn't some serial mice require external power adapters (wall warts)?

You can get away with a lot at the 1200bps I seem to recal their using...

Reply to
Joel Koltner

Anything is possible, but I can't remember any that did. There were serial port mice, and mice that used a proprietary ISA card.

There isn't much worst-case power at a serial port to operate the LEDs and other internal circuitry of the mouse.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany