Re: Some of you might appreciate this.

> >A cowboy named Bud was overseeing his herd in a remote mountainous >pasture in California when suddenly a brand-new BMW advanced toward >him out of a cloud of dust. The driver, a young man in a Brioni suit, > > "No guessing required." answered the cowboy. "Y you showed up here >even though nobody called you; you want to get paid for an answer I >already knew, to a question I never asked. You used millions of dollars >worth of equipment trying to show me how much smarter than me you are; >and you don't know a thing about how working people make a living - or >about cows, for that matter.. This is a herd of sheep. ....... > >Now give me back my dog.

LOL! Good one!

                     "If it doesn\'t fit, use a bigger hammer!"
Nico Coesel

In the UK at this joke is almost always aimed at bean counters and high powered management consultants rather than politicians. They fit the bill a lot more closely. It dates from the launch of the Blackberry.

For instance our regional fire service spends roughly 30x more on its "Corporate and Democratic Core" (whatever that is - an English language definition is not available only more management speak) than it does on Emergency planning. C&DC must be really important because it costs 10% more than "Management and Support". To be fair though 97% of their budget *is* spent on fighting fires, fire safety and emergency rescue.

C&DC is an invention of the management consultants.

Regards, Martin Brown

Reply to
Martin Brown