US8

These don't go on a board but into a tricky mechanical concoction which is three-domensional.

Thanks. Eventually this will be automated but a pick and place machine can't do it. One reason being that the device into which it goes is several feet long and the available sideways clearance is going to be much less than 0.001" with the obstructions being taller than the parts. But the assembly will largely be done by someone else who is an expert in microscopically small designs.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

ooooh, IPC1752's And XML, nice.

Wonder what tools are availible now adays. I went looking for 1752's about 3yrs ago and only found national to have them.

CHeers

Reply to
Martin Riddle

What's so bad about that? I've used them before. You're just bad :-)

Tim

-- Seven Transistor Labs Electrical Engineering Consultation Website:

"John Larkin" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
Tim Williams

Are you sure you didn't hijack the USB thread, preemptively?

Cheers, James

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

What's wrong with it? It does have a rather tight pitch (.5mm) but that's nothing new. It fits eight leads in the space of an SC70-6. It looks quite useful to me.

Reply to
krw

B is a letter. 8 is a number. They are different.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Yes, but the pins are so close together it's hard to tell. Next time, "viii," just to be sure...

Cheers, James

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

USviii?

The Super Bowl has always been Roman numerals, but the next one will be Super Bowl L. They have decided to call it "50" instead.

Precision electronic instrumentation

That looks much easier than LFCSP/MP packages. They're merciless when it comes to how much solder paste is applied to each pin and the heatsink. I like their compact size but I always need to buy extras for home projects.

Kevin McMurtrie

--
Only in magnitude; 8 = 1000, B = 1011

John Fields
Reply to
John Fields

That looks much easier than LFCSP/MLP packages. They're merciless when it comes to how much solder paste is applied to each pin and the heatsink. I like their compact size but I always need to buy extras for home projects.

Kevin McMurtrie

The 'L' you say?

--

Rick
Reply to

L yes.

Precision electronic instrumentation

K?

Reply to
krw

You've seen this before but...

I have some nice QFN adapter boards now in case I need to do something like that again.

--

John Devereux
Reply to

Yikes! I hope you had some good optics to solder that.

I should make some adapter boards for exotic chips. We regularly fab a test circuit on a 4-layer board, and toss on anything we think might be useful.

For some reason that Cypress USB2 chip was much cheaper in the BGA package, and I am a cheapskate and stubborn.

The USB2 connection to it works fine. I wonder what is the differential characteristic impedance of twisted magnet wire.

Reply to
Chris Jones

Yes, a mantis.

Worked great, despite looking like a total hairball.

I kept meaning to make a board full of footprints for years, but now you can get them inexpensively on ebay so I don't have to.

But yes little modules of 4-layer for higher performance parts would be nice.

There is a world of stuff you can get now for tinkering, in accessible formats.

--

John Devereux
Reply to

spend the

/

It is all there in the dimensions and the physics. Just look up the relevant form of the formula.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

I guess so, though I would need to know the dielectric constant and the thickness of the lacquer. I would rather build a VNA and measure it. I would like to build one with at least 4 single-ended S-parameter ports, which would make this and other differential measurements easier.

Anyway my wiring can't be anywhere near as bad as some I have seen inside cheap USB2 hubs.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Jones