Capacitance of a 0402 package

Folks, while looking for ferrite beads I came across this:

The bead on the last page bottom right shows Z at around 800ohms at

3GHz. That comes to less than 0.07pF. Just wondering, how do they do this in a 0402 package?

If anyone knows of beads quantified above 3GHz I'd appreciate a hint.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Sounds about right--the capacitance wants to go as the linear dimension. It'll depend on the layout, of course--thin FR4 above the ground plane will help a lot.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Thanks, good to know that it's in the ballpark. I almost could not believe it.