US imperialists and torque drivers

I bet you use abamps, and statvolts :-)

                                       (Richard Feynman)
Reply to
Fred Abse

OK, explain it correctly.

**********************************

John Larkin, President Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com

Precision electronic instrumentation Picosecond-resolution Digital Delay and Pulse generators Custom laser controllers Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links VME thermocouple, LVDT, synchro acquisition and simulation

Abamps are cgs EMU, Gaussian units are basically cgs ESU, so it's statvolts and statamperes.

But the reason Gaussian units are useful is that it makes the PDEs easier to work with. Six pages of correct math followed by two lines of unit conversions is a win, compared to eight pages of incorrect math plus zero unit conversions. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510
845-480-2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Word salad. Torque is not work, and force is not work. Torque applied over an angular rotation, or force applied over a distance, is work.

**********************************

John Larkin, President Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com

Precision electronic instrumentation Picosecond-resolution Digital Delay and Pulse generators Custom laser controllers Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links VME thermocouple, LVDT, synchro acquisition and simulation

I knew that. Just didn't see the need to fully list both sets of units. It was basically a tease, anyway.

;-)

                                       (Richard Feynman)
Reply to
Fred Abse

And good for the Imperial drunks, an imperial gallon is bigger than a US gallon. :-?

--
John G
Reply to

Imperial gallons make much more sense--one gallon of water weighs 10 lbs. The ounces aren't the same size, so although the conversion factor looks like it should be 160/128 = 5/4, it's really very close to 6/5.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510
845-480-2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Your constant use of this pathetic insult word is one of the most retarded behaviors you exhibit, boy.

Applied torque, dumbfuck. That is why it is referred to as a "moment of torque". You cannot take the reading unless the force is being applied and you cannot achieve the measured value unless work was done, and

Applied force is, idiot.

I do not need a primer from an insulting, retarded bastard like you, f*****ad.

Reply to
FigureItOut

Always Wrong.

--

John Larkin, President       Highland Technology Inc

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

Being in a more remote colony I rarely if ever need to worry about converting gallons, and any way we have converted almost properly to SI metric. A few things will never change I guess. Auto wheels are measured in inches diametre but millimeters in tyre width. Lots of BSW nuts and bolts in inches and in some (Bunnings Like Home Depot) come in packets marked in fractions of inch dia. and millimeters length. Altimeters are still in feet I believe so that flight seperation levels are one revolution of the big hand (1000 feet).

--
John G
Reply to

A farad is 1 As/V, which is equivalent to 1 second / ohm.

--

Tauno Voipio
Reply to

Who uses the term "moment of torque"? Perhaps you meant to say "moment of a force" The terms "moment" and "torque" are often used interchangeably. What has " taking a reading" to do with anything? It's typical of you to create a smokescreen whenever you realise you are wrong, which is always, AlwaysWrong.

What precisely do you mean by "applied force"? How can work be done if there is no movement involved?

Oh dear Nymbecile! You certainly need a lot more than a primer.

You really are the most ill informed bleeder I have had the misfortune to communicate with.

Reply to
Pomegranate Bastard

That is what it is, idiot.

Reply to
FigureItOut

Some evidence of who else uses it would be welcome, Nymbecile. I suspect is your own invention.

Reply to
Pomegranate Bastard

These are the ramblings of a confused person suffering from verbal diarrhoea. You should cut down on the dope.

Reply to
Pomegranate Bastard

He was just having one of his "moments of stupidity".

**********************************

John Larkin, President Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com

Precision electronic instrumentation Picosecond-resolution Digital Delay and Pulse generators Custom laser controllers Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links VME thermocouple, LVDT, synchro acquisition and simulation

Maybe I should come up there and have a moment of gene pool cleansing.

Reply to
DarkMatter

You're trying to make sense with someone who's never had a moment of sanity.

Reply to
krw

Hey, DampMatter, if you plan to assault someone, you're an idiot to pre-announce it in public. "Lying in wait" gets you an extended sentence.

--

http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

If you have threatened to assault me, but now say you won't do it, you're a wuss and an idiot.

If you have threatened to assault me, and intend to do it, you are equally an idiot.