US imperialists and torque drivers

No worry. He's AlwaysWrong.

Reply to
krw

some

on

setting is

Look here John Larkin.

Hardly, you were questioning Raveninghorde. Pretender.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

Any time you have something on-topic to say, don't be shy, tell us about it.

--

John Larkin, President       Highland Technology Inc

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

factor

6/5.

One of the main reasons that altimeters for aircraft tend to be in feet = is that (US) English is the international flight control language, like it = or not.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

can't

least

PSI

Metric

And poundals and the rest? No thanks. I tend to think clearer in SI.

?-/

Reply to
josephkk

Bloody hell. My grandpa (dad's dad) fought in WW1 and dad fought in WW2. I had no idea that you were that much older than me (or maybe not). My grandpa made 90 something, and my dad 70 odd. Dad was born in 1921 and grandpa in 1891. =20

Eligibles for WW1 should have been at least 15 by 1917. So your grandpa made to maybe 1985, maybe not so strange. Never heard my grandpa (dad's dad) talk about WW1 and damn little about WW2 from my dad.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

Those are about my ancestors' dates as well--Murdo died in 1977, so I would have been 17.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510
845-480-2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs
[snip]

Ha! So you're just two years older than my daughter Madeleine. ...Jim Thompson

some

And in both cases it is the difference between a dot product and cross product.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

It is still a dot product to get real power as opposed to VA. I should check the math to see if VAR is the proper cross product.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

Except for road distances, speed limits, and beer.

Nauru's bankrupt. The phosphate ran out. When they were exporting the stuff, the engineering was all done by expats (Aussies, mainly).

                                       (Richard Feynman)
Reply to
Fred Abse

Usta, back in the late 90s, when I was still in high tech. Millitorrs and microns were the common measurment of vacuum. That was when there were still US companies like Varian making vacuum equip. I learned all that stuff based on torr. 760 torr = 1 atmos, etc. I started seeing bars and millibars when I retired, despite the US's continuing reluctance to change to metric, as foreign mfrs began making vac equip inroads. Also, college core science/eng classes were all metric. It was learn or burn. I actually like metric, everything but temp (Celsius). Too coarse

nb

--
Fight internet CENSORSHIP - Fight SOPA-PIPA
Contact your congressman and/or representative, now!

Certainly! Gotta keep your minds straight on the important stuff ;-)

[snip] ...Jim Thompson