Unused mod input on VCO

Hi all, I have an obsolete (no data sheet available) Z-Comm VCO that I'm using for a low buck signal generator. Yes, I know it's noisy & unstable. It looks like there's a Vmod input on it. I'm mounting this to a "slash & cut" PCB - surface mount. I couldn't find any documentation at Z-comm on their N suffix VCOs. My question is, do I solder the unused Vmod to ground or just leave the pad open? Much thanks! :-)

Reply to
bart

Why not a pot?

John

Thanks for the idea! Attached a pot (for fine trimming),& started tweaking the pot & it snapped to another frequency! Seems it's not a Vmod in ,but it rather looks like a dual frequency VCO. ~1130-1880 MHz low, ~2060-2500MHz high @12V Vcc (V670DC01 - Ebay)

Thanks again!

Reply to
bart

In message , bart writes

Don't know about ground but I'd consider mid rail just to prevent (more) noise getting onto the output.

--
Clint Sharp
Reply to

Hi Bart, I'm thinking about an swr meter for wifi antennas. Just how noisy and unstable are these VCOs? Do you have 1 or 5 to sell. Hows the slash and cut method working? My address is good, send me a private email. Thanks, Mike

Reply to
amdx