Obsolete Data

As I result of some recent web discussions (on this forum and others), discovered that I appear to have some of the last surviving documentatio of several products.

Someone recommended

and I tried to contact them to offe the data, but I never got a response. In addition they focus on mini an mainframe computers, although they do have information on micros. actually have some good information on analog circuits as well.

Does anyone know of any other repository of old data. I suggested to EDN Electronic Design or Circuit Cellar that they could fill this function but I received no response from two, and a non-committal response from third. Perhaps there are copyright issues.

Does anyone have any suggestions? It seems a shame that this informatio will slip away.

-Aubrey

Reply to
antedeluvian51

antedeluvian51 ha scritto: cut

ciao

Reply to
lowcost

I can't believe you would write this. The general public is not significantly "smarter" now than in the days of patent medicines and tractors.

Reply to
larwe

I don't know from patent medicines, but the days of tractors are not yet past, unless the tractor I rode in when I visited my grandfather this summer was an illusion....

-=Eric

Reply to
Eric Schwartz

Post your offer to sci.electronics.components, sci.electronics.repair, and the newsgroup for video arcade games, whose name I can't remember.

Mark Zenier snipped-for-privacy@eskimo.com Googleproofaddress(account:mzenier provider:eskimo domain:com)

Reply to
Mark Zenier

I'm not sure which you are shocked at, me or the opinion.

I guess I am an optimist. We did suvive patent medicines. We may survive this. By smarter, I merely mean we can learn. Tha ability to learn is not a guarantee that we will learn. I might agree with you in that experience is what you get 5seconds after you needed it. We might not survive the experience is what you seem to be saying. Am I reading your remark correctly?

Ed

Reply to
Ed Prochak

Right after posting, I realized I should have qualified this. I wasn't referring to motorized farm equipment, but to Perkins Tractors (from the original meaning of "drawing" something, ref: your childhood Latin teacher). These were the first medical articles to be patented after the Constitution.

A rather good article:

Properly marketed, the same device would easily make millions in 21st- century America.

Reply to
larwe

The idea that it is conceivable that some massive jump in average intelligence will occur.

I don't think much has changed in that statistic since the later years of the Industrial Revolution. People are more highly /trained/ (to operate machinery required to earn a living) but on average no "smarter".

Reply to
larwe

Google is just the card index.

Dale B. Dalrymple

dbd

With 80 percent of the cards containing nonsense.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Don't they call it an 'ionized bracelet' 'protected by a design patent'?

Robert

Robert Adsett

Maybe I should have used another word. I did not mean intelligence as much as knowledge. If the general population can get a little more knowledge (aka training or education), then we might get past the several potential disasters facing us.

At this point odds are even money on us surviving IMO. ed

Reply to
Ed Prochak

I thought they were all magnetic bracelets, wrapped in copper or some such frippery. It wouldn't surprise me to find we're both right; as the article points out, "American quackery dates back to 1630", and we've been improving it ever since.

-=Eric

Reply to
Eric Schwartz

If the company that owned the data has let it go then so should you.

What right have you got to keep info that doesnt belong to you?

Perhaps the info was meant to die like many electronic systems and software systems that are way out of date.

I do keep old software I have written but only in case of possible future copyright infringements.

Reply to
Marra

I was thinking of this

Advertised heavily on TV here.

I see they've started adding crystals to them. Magnets will be next no doubt.

I do rather like this line though (a rather back handed way to claim they are powerful)

From

Consumer agencies appear to have been more active in pruning them back a bit in the US.

Robert

Robert Adsett

Right, I remember seeing those. There's a lot of magnetism-related quackery as well; I'm seeing a lot of that sort of thing in the airlines' various back-seat catalogues. Just about anything sold at

ought to end up on quackwatch.com, I'd imagine.

-=Eric

Reply to
Eric Schwartz

LOL! Why do you need to worry about copyright infringment on software that is "way out of date"?

Reply to
rickman

Well, an 'ionized bracelet' is surely better than a 'unionized bracelet'- they're always going on strike.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany