Ukraine: North Stream 3? (2023 Update)

Large sections of NS 1 & 2 need to be replaced. Practically the entire section from Russia coast to Germany coast will be under-water for months, by the time they get to it. Inside of the pipe-line is probably unprotected steel and won't last long under sea-water. Who would risk and finance NS 3?

Ed Lee

On a sunny day (Sun, 16 Oct 2022 00:01:26 -0700 (PDT)) it happened Ed Lee snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Who should 'pay' for it you mean? It is the low life US Military Industrial Complex mafia that wants - and makes wars everywhere and makes money at all cost by trying to destroy the competition.

Quite the opposite that the Great Chinese Leader who is now starting his next term, Mr Xi, is doing, he is HELPING other countries. US is DESTROYING other countries. So, maybe China and Russia and many other countries can unite and make the US PAY for this act of terror. And so it happened

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

In much the same way that US used to. US banana republics "helped" US by supplying bananas and the US helped them by building up the ports from which the bananas were shipped.

The Chinese belt-and-road initiatives are equally "helpful".

Not so you'd notice.

Putin's takeover of the Crimea wasn't exactly an act of disinterested altruism, and the bridge that got blown up was designed to back up that takeover.

Calling damaging it "an act of terror" is what you'd expect Putin to do. Dropping missiles on civilians in the Ukraine, way behind the war front, really are acts of terror, but Putin won't admit it, and neither will you.

Reply to
Anthony William Sloman

well, some some of the EU population are beginning to say "screw Ukraine, just give Putin what he wants, we want cheap gas" Without the pipelines Putin can't deliver so it avoids that discussion

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Am 16.10.22 um 13:10 schrieb Lasse Langwadt Christensen:

That is limited to Putin's proctonauts.

Northstream 1&2 could be justified by > 60 years of reliability, even during the cold war. That is no longer true. No way back.

It remains to be seen if the alternatives are any better. In the long term there is no alternative to being autarc with photovoltaic, H2 and wind. Germany is still a net electricity exporter, even with only 3 nuclear power plants left.

Interesting how compression turbines fail, NS1, NS2, the Druschba pipeline had a problem, too.

Is that known in the mean time what happened to the Bornholm electricity cable?

Gerhard

Reply to
Gerhard Hoffmann

Am 16.10.22 um 14:58 schrieb Gerhard Hoffmann:

I forgot the fiber optic cables at 2 locations 250 miles away from each other and at the same time, that killed railway traffic for half a day in Northern Germany,

Reply to
Gerhard Hoffmann

If they said "small section" need to be replaced, then i would think so. But they said "large section" and how large is large? Potentially the entire section under-water is large.

The pipes are welded in-place and sealed with concrete from outside. No sure how strong is the seal inside, but they didn't expect exposed sea-water for extended period of time.

Putin the Poor is desperate to get Europe back into Russia gas dependency. I am sure he wants a time machine to go back to February.

Reply to
Ed Lee

And some of the Russian population are beginning to say "we won't fight for the Motherland."

Maybe compromise and let him have europe up to West Germany and maybe Austria. He probably doesn't want Greece or Sweden.

Germany started two world wars that killed about 100 million people. Before that we had Caesers and huns and emperors and kaisers and kings in basically constant european war. Sadly, Pax Americana only kept europe mostly peaceful for 75 years.

Taiwan. Tibet. Mongolia.

You admire this?

On a sunny day (Sun, 16 Oct 2022 08:47:17 -0700) it happened John Larkin snipped-for-privacy@highlandSNIPMEtechnology.com wrote in snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

that China has 1,425,887,337 people living in peace with 147 per square km and US has only 338,289,857 where even kids shoot each other and only 36 per square km I do think civilization lives in China.

Sure in the past one ant heap against the other, same as now No religious mania in China, AND they invented the gunpowder! US is just a big weapon factory, export is death and destruction, holding everyone at gunpoint after nuking Japan twice in WW2. Now every=body and their cat has nukes, so US better (is late!) play down. US taxpayer pays for that Military Industrial Complex. US seems to think they can do anything they like, a lesson is coming.

Biden said he was going to stop Northstream 2. Trump worked on that too.

Who do you think you are?

Masters of war: bob_dylan/freewheeling/masters_of_war must be one the web.. "I can see through your brain like I see through the water that runs down my drain"

a very special meaning to me.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Only religious communistic mania in China. Emperor/Chairman Xi is their God.

The main purpose of NS 1 & 2 is to bypass Ukraine and Poland. Russia didn't want to pay transit fee and protection money. Well, there is a reason for the protection money. It's much harder to protect under water pipes.

Reply to
Ed Lee

Also, by annexing a territory, he's declaring that the natives of that region are subject to his military draft... that's a very discomfiting bit of positive feedback generating negative effects.

Reply to
whit3rd

Germany didn't "start" the first world war. It stated when Austria-Hungary declared war on Serbia.

It didn't start the second world war either - their invasion of Poland which did eventually expand into the second world war was much the same kind of land grab that Putin tried to do in the Ukraine. It did have unfortunate consequences.

Former Yugoslavia managed to mess that up.

Pax Americana. installed the Shah in Iran. It didn't turn out to be a good idea in the long run, any more than Dubbya's invasion of Irak.

Xi is a nasty piece of work, but so was Dubbya. Trump was pretty unpleasant, but at least he was ineffectual.

Reply to
Anthony William Sloman

On a sunny day (Sun, 16 Oct 2022 10:52:51 -0700 (PDT)) it happened Ed Lee snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Oh and Biden is the US god?

Mr Xi was elected by the people, as was Biden (with help from votes from all the criminals he collected with 'defund the police' and 'open the borders' and now tries again with 'legalize marijuana').

The main purpose is to provide gas Given the fact het ukrain kept shelling Donbass even after the 2014 agreement, I would not want to give them anything. 'merrican gangsters a work everywhere all that will be left is skyscrapers like the Aztecs left pyramids

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Huh? Xi was elected by the party, not the people.

Reply to
whit3rd

After a few of Putin's appointees agreed with Putin? That happens EVERY year, Ukraine has no obligation to honor that kind of agreement.

Reply to
whit3rd

On a sunny day (Sun, 16 Oct 2022 23:06:18 -0700 (PDT)) it happened whit3rd snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

and the party is: a representation of the people. In 'merrica the Military Industrial Complex brings forward some puppet that in the Biden case plays racism, sex, drugs, crime, and provokes war in Europe to increase tax payer funded useless weapon sales, like his PARTY did when Bil Klignon was preCedent. The more brainless the guy the better he is suited for the puppet role. Now the demon-crates even bring back Osama into the race to keep the black voters... as most of 'merrica is appalled by how things are these days under Biden and his demon-cratic government.

And you all fall for it!

Living standards in the US are in the very low area compared to the world.

close to China! Netherlands (where I am in Europe) place 7 UK place 14 USA place 20 China place 23

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Only according to propoganda posters. The party is composed of every member that Xi hasn't purged in recent years... that election is fixed by back-room intimidation tactics.

Reply to
whit3rd

On a sunny day (Sun, 16 Oct 2022 23:58:14 -0700 (PDT)) it happened whit3rd snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Infighting is everywhere, also in the US, it is part of human nature.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Jan Panteltje snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote in news:tiit7a$3ctuv$1@dont- email.me:

Tell that to the citizens of Taiwan.

Jan Panteltje has to be the most stupid f*ck in his nation. That we CAN be sure of.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno