Trucker Preferential Treatment

Only people who seem to been freezing in the dark lately was in Texas and Virginia, probably not the "urban elites" Mr. Larkin is talking about.

Received almost three feet of snow around here a couple weeks ago, the lights didn't even flicker. It wasn't always that way but I think they've been doing a better job maintaining the trees near the lines lately

Reply to
bitrex

The truckers can ignore their bills for a few months. Can the urbanites ignore their hunger for a few months?

Everyone can ignore shortages in stores for a few days as the obstructionist truckers have their licenses pulled and new truckers are hired to replace the malcontents, much in the same way the air traffic controllers were fired and replaced for striking.

I've had jobs before where anyone who complained about working condition were pointed toward the door. Don't ever think you can't be replaced.

At least the truckers can pay their bills by selling their rigs... assuming they own them. More likely they are owned by Nancy, financy.

Reply to
Rick C

Excellent rant:

(but plasma TVs?)

Anthony William Sloman snipped-for-privacy@ieee.org wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

500 point DJ drop today. I will give you three guesses as to why and the first two don't count.

Fear of Putin's effect, and the friggin' truckers blocking access to Canada from and to the US.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Sylvia Else snipped-for-privacy@email.invalid wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net:

Makes for a good use of a neutron tactical "device". Eh... look at that bright light. eh?

Just kidding of course.

We should actually fill up GITMO with seditionist lawmakers, and test one there after pulling out all the guards. No kidding there at all.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

snipped-for-privacy@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Force feed you freshly discarded masks.

John Larkin, providing proof of his abject utter stupidity once again.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

bitrex snipped-for-privacy@example.net wrote in news:ddyNJ.20506$ snipped-for-privacy@fx35.iad:

When I lived in a 7500 sq ft mansion in Great Falls, we were the ONLY house on a streeet full of doctors and Boeing VP execs, etc. who had lights during a power outage, because my boss had his generac put in when he upgraded the house from a 2600 sq ft same as the rest shack.

The damned thing must have put out a weird power signature though, because despite being exactly 120 VAC and exactly 60 Hz, it still set off ALL of the UPS' in the house (about 7 of them) every time it ran and for the entire time it ran, which sucked in a major way for abvious reasons.

We had to buy 17kVA worth of line conditioning transformers (3 of them)to place between the gen set and the house lines to stop it. They are very nice. Also nice and f****ng heavy. It was not easy getting them off the delivery truck or into the garage where we set them up at. OMG not fun, but a very fruitful outcome as the UPS' were (are) all happy now.

Great Falls is all underground fed so most of the outages were due to car accidents that ended up involving ground mounted transformer 'pads'. The line quai=lity was exceptional though. After all, I was in the heart of several three letter agencies, and they need exceptionally clean power at all times possible.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Can the people being transported to hospitals in ambulances ignore being delayed by minutes?

Reply to
Tom Gardner

There is a limitation on civil liability in respect of damages suffered by a person during a riot if they have been convicted of riot. That is hardly carte blanc for mowing down protesters on a highway.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

Sylvia Else snipped-for-privacy@email.invalid wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net:

Maybe Canada could contract the US to come up there with a Jolly Green Giant Puff The Magic Dragon lead spray to rain down upon them.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Breitbart? Excellent? John Larkin seems to be a Cursitor Doom level sucker for right-wing propaganda of the more moronic kind.

"In fact, you could wipe society’s table clear of every writer, artist, actor, musician, professor, dancer, reporter, tastemaker, producer, influencer, teacher, lobbyist, politician, everyone on TV, everyone who doesn’t get their hands dirty, and our world would keep turning just fine."

Some of those professors train the engineers who keep the more complicated parts of our world turning.

John Nolte seems to be going in for very short term thinking here and it is probably over-generous to characterise it as thinking. He has produced the standard anti-elitist right-wing rant that sells well to twits like Cursitor Doom and John Larkin who don't know enough about the society that keeps them fed and entertained - and soak up the entertainment that is aimed at them with indiscriminate avidity.

Reply to
Anthony William Sloman

Truckers don't have nearly the power in the US that they may have in Canada, or that they used to here in the 70s during the gas crisis, say. Four decades of de-regulation and anti-union activity on the part of government and employers respectively have seen to that.

They could all ignore their bills, but why? If 20% stop trucking for a while it's just more money on the table for the rest and there's little downside to not taking it.

It's hard enough getting organized labor on the same page about anything, much less the disorganized kind.

Reply to
bitrex

If truckers had the power to starve anyone en masse in the US you'd think they would've used it to get themselves higher wages by now but that's not what happened, average adjusted-for-inflation wages have only gone down over the past 30 years.

Reply to
bitrex

I think you miss the point. It is a means of encouraging such behavior. Those who would even consider such and act *will* see this as indicating carte blanc.

Reply to
Rick C

"Millions for defense, but not one cent for tribute", as said by a true patriot, Robert Goodloe Harper from Maryland!

The US will never cave in to terrorists or extortionists.

Reply to
Rick C

Rick C snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

snip

Abiding by my oath, I stand against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

The Trump Cult Crossed the line not only on 6 JAN 2020, but in every public jacking off at the mouth they do, they "are calling for a civil war". Let them come... they can be introduced to the business end of my 454 Cassul. No matter how big they are.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Along with all the other people who prevent this from happening. Truckers aren't exactly unique. The people who produce the stuff they ship around are obviously equally vital, as are the people who distribute the largesse when it arrives

Donald Trump seems to think it might.

Reply to
Anthony William Sloman

Then they'll find themselves in some considerable strife. The legislation does not so much as even suggest that it limits criminal liability.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

(but plasma TVs?)

Not /all/ authors, of course.

Isaac Asimov wrote "The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge"

Reply to
Tom Gardner