Top posting

Well said! That applies to reading on the screen, too, and is why top posting is catching on.

Not in all situations, of course, but in those where it helps convey a message rapidly.

The trouble with bottom posting is that you have to read the whole previous message AGAIN (even though, in your threaded newsreader, you just read it) before you get to the new stuff.

Threaded newsreaders are why top posting is catching on.

Reply to
mc

I think some attributions were scrambled, which is just as well under the circumstances.

Polite circuit designer, too, from the look of it...

Reply to
mc

On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 15:25:52 -0500, John Fields Gave us:

The blind shall not see.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 15:58:48 -0500, "Tim Williams" Gave us:

That is where you retards lose out the most.

The post is NOT FOR YOU.

If Joe Bloe Usenet reader that strays into the group once in a two month period looks at the post, he should be able to garner all the information he needs in a chronological as it happened manner.

It is NOT your private little message board.

Do you run red lights on the roadway? If not, why?

I'll tell you why... because the prospect of being ticketed by a cop, and subsequently having to pay more insurance strikes a chord of fear in your heart, dipshit... that's why.

So, the only reason you "break all the rules" PUSSIES do it, is due to the fact that I cannot reach over there and SLAP your retarded ass for doing, you DUMB FUCKS!

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

Oooooo, nice one... My mistake... but you responded.

Whoops.

DNA

Reply to
Genome

--
Agreed.
Reply to

On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 17:18:39 -0400, "mc" Gave us:

No, you do not. If you are new to the thread, you SHOULD read the entire post to get what it is about. If you are familiar with the thread, it should be NO problem for your supposedly smarter than a gorilla brain to SCROLL (a popular computer term) DOWN to the end of the post, OR to the first area where a fresh response resides (for interspersed responses), and keep right on reading new material...

BUT NOOoooooo... you wussified dipshits have to piss and moan and make LAME attempts at changing things around to STUPID methodologies. If you had just conformed, you might have a clue by now. A large portion of the world is STILL on dial up, and top poster posting practices are among the most wasteful there are.

Get a clue. NOT EVERYONE views posts in threaded manner. Many list even the posts chronologically, so you idiot googletards and other forms of the incorrect manner in which to reply need to bone up!

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

--
For some strange reason you seem to think that you\'re the only
person on the planet that matters, that you\'ve traversed every

The fact of the matter is that, often, the first post holds the crux
of the matter being discussed and, doing it your way, you\'d have to
traverse the entire thread just to find out what the OP started.
Reply to
John Fields

Won't he be using a threaded newsreader that already does this for him?

I'm curious. Those of you who object strenuously to top posting: What newsreader software are you using, and what type of user interface? UNIX console?

Reply to
mc

Which requires extra effort, often many keystrokes.

Getting the new information to the reader more quickly is a disservice to dialup users?

What newsreader software do you have in mind that is not threaded? I'm just curious as to what you're actually using. Clearly, your newsreader user interface is quite different from the last several that I've used.

Reply to
mc

--
When the company warrants it, of course, but you must be wearing
blinders.

Weren\'t you the author of the:

"Whoever dishes out the first insult loses the debate  :)"

message?

As if you were you an authority of some kind...
Reply to
John Fields

Netscape 4.8

W98SE

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Indeed, however I notice that you have not delivered on your promises.

Reply to
Genome

Judge Judy would throw DimBulb in the can for being a chronic idiot, though even that stopped clock is correct once every few weeks.

--
  Keith
Reply to

Forte Agent under Windows 2000. It's a GUI newsreader. It doesn't make reading backwards any easier than it is on a UNIX terminal.

Tim

--
-
Reply to

One notes that the diehard bottom posters seem to have never read a book - and you can understand why. By their way of doing things, before they could read (say) page 145 they would have to re-read page 1, 2, 3, 4....... then to read page 146 they would not be happy unitl they re-read page 1,2.....145

Strange people.

It is also interesting to note that it is always the bottom feeders that resort to abuse - except for me of course when some bottom poster dipshit alters my post

David - who doesn't abuse (usually) just describes

mc wrote:

Reply to
quietguy

Common John, you're a smart guy - use your logic

This is how the conversation would go reading bottom posted conversation

Hi John - how are today

HI John how are you today Good thanks David

HI John how are you today Good thanks David How are you?

HI John how are you today Good thanks David How are you? Good thanks John How is your wife?

HI John how are you today Good thanks David How are you? Good thanks John How is your wife?

Get the picture?

Now - with top posting

Hi John - how are today

Good thanks David

How are you?

Good thanks John

See? You don't have to listen to the whole thing each time! You just listen to the top bit - much more user friendly

John Fields wrote

Cheers

David

Reply to
quietguy

No, a *Smart* guy would do sorta...

No. reductio absurdum doesn't play well in a group with pelople who tend to think logically.

Works for simple conversations with simple people, I guess. For anything more complex, infix posting works better than either postfix or prefix.

--
  Keith
Reply to

"quietguy" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@REMOVE-TO-REPLYconfidential-counselling.com...

Reply to
mc

On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 18:33:39 -0400, "mc" Gave us:

You're an idiot. Even MY OLD newsreader will "thread". I HAPPEN to read my news, and view the list thereof CHRONOLOGICALLY. Get it through your thick skull that not everybody reads as often as you, nor do they read in the same manner as you. YOU have to conform to the norm, not try to mutate the norm to fit you. Ther are a proliferance of news clients out there across many different OSes, and in order to keep news posts the most readable across the most platforms, WE (certainly not you) have developed and FOLLOW standards that make such an experience digestible, and not mis-ordered, lazy fucktard trash.

Yet another E-1 grade retarded question, from the E-1 grade utter retard. The point is that YOU shouldn't care any more than to comply with ACCEPTED STANDARDS such that no matter what a reader is using or how they use it, it should be a pleasurable experience. That would include a blind person using a text to voice applet. Your f***ed up way would have them pulling their hair out.

Done right, my way would have us pulling out yours.

You are the same kind of twit that can't find a trash receptacle. Your gum goes on the ground, your cigarette butts as well. Then your ash tray from the car...

You are the same kind of twit that cuts into the intersecting lane when making a left turn with no one in the intersecting left turn lane, driving right over the lane markers. You are the kind of person that shouldn't even have a license. You likely ignore over half what a driver is supposed to be aware of. When was the last time you checked all your lights, and your brakes, and tread depths?

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs