TI has wrecked their web site

Hello Jim,

Never blew an engine but one car's engine electronics quit working right in our driveway, another developed a brake cylinder problem, then I recently had one where the seats fells apart and other stuff was just about to. All US made cars. IMHO the quality really began to tank some time in the late 70's.

Now I usually make sure I have a Mitsubishi. Never had the slightest issues with JPN cars and I drove a lot of them as rentals. Plus here at home.

My wife just had her 10+ year old Toyota smog-checked. Passed with flying colors and huge margins, like usual. A friend's Ford was already at the dismantler at that age. They were told it would take a new engine to make it pass, and that it wouldn't likely be for long. Unless they could get a used Mazda engine from Japan in there but that would have cost a lot more for mods.

Don't do this in CA. Costs a lot more. A whole lot more.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

Hello Mark,

Same procedure here with Mozilla. The TI site is kind of ok but has deteriorated. One stupid decision was to make it wider than the screen of most laptops, even placing the search field in the right off-screen section. What were they thinking? Or, were they thinking at all?

Same here, I move right on.

They give too much slack to marketing. Not good at all. Also, they do not listen. I participated in a lot of TI surveys, mainly to give credit to their app engineers who truly do an excellent job. In the "other comments" area I mentioned web site problems. Didn't even get one phone call. Somehow that tells me the problem is rooted very high up in management.

While TI offers some excellent products and great support they are lacking in pre-sales work, big time. An example is the MSP430 forum. One TI FAE occasionally sticks his head in there, otherwise nothing. You cannot design for the future without feedback from tomorrow's customers. You can't only get that from today's big customers. If I'd be the CEO that would change and pronto.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

I rented a car at one of the cheapest ones short of Rent-A-Wreck (which I did once, and it was a surprisingly serviceable car. ;-) ), and the accelerator stuck while I was coming down a freeway off-ramp. It wouldn't slow down! I stood on the brake - I mean, literally - I raised my butt up off the car seat, being supported by my foot on the brake pedal and my shoulders on the seat back, just to slow it below 55 - shifted it into neutral, and the tach popped up to about 6K RPM. Then, it seemed to reset itself and drive normally, but when I took the car back to the rental place, I read them the riot act.

I don't remember which flavor of car it was; all I noticed was the "new-car" smell. :-)

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Just wondering what the website of Dilbert's company looks like.

Maybe a Dilbert Award for the worst site would make the PHBs wake up

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

CA needs the taxes ?:-)

...Jim Thompson

     It\'s what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

Ah, you should have downshifted to 2 or L!

Which is now considered toxic, by the way...

onehappymadman
[snip]

Was it Avis?

I rented a Chrysler (barf) from AVIS (barf) in LAX and was driving to Anaheim.

The throttle kept sticking, but I could lift up the pedal with my toe and slow it down.

When I reached my hotel I called Avis to report the problem.

They said they couldn't replace the car until the next day.

I allowed as how the next time the engine ran off I'd simply take it out of gear and blow the engine.

Had another car in half-an-hour ;-)

...Jim Thompson

     It\'s what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

This is 2006. Ever hear of flat panels?

Haven't used a CRT since 2000.

--
Good day!

Christopher R. Carlen
Principal Laser&Electronics Technologist
Sandia National Laboratories CA USA
crcarleRemoveThis@BOGUSsandia.gov
NOTE, delete texts: "RemoveThis" and
"BOGUS" from email address to reply.
Reply to
Chris Carlen

Flat panel monitors will generally try to display non-native resolutions, but the results are not always the best.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

No, it was second from the left at the Long Beach rent-a-car concession stand, either Budget or that one you mentioned a couple posts ago with the yellow sign with the black letters - Enterprise, maybe.

Why am I having a USENET deja-vu? ;-D ;-D ;-D

Cheers! Rich

--
Reply to
Rich Grise, but drunk

In article , Spehro Pefhany wrote: [....]

It depends a lot on how good your eyes are and how well your brain interpolates the pixels.

kensmith@rahul.net   forging knowledge
Reply to
Ken Smith

In article , Chris Carlen wrote: [....]

Yes, I'm looking a a Xerox one right now.

Now I've zoomed in by 1 Now I've zoomed in by 2 Now I've zoomed in by 3 Now I've zoomed in by 4 Now I've zoomed out because it wrapped.

kensmith@rahul.net   forging knowledge
Reply to
Ken Smith

In article , Spehro Pefhany wrote: [...]

This one, says "adjusting" for a second and then displays it at the new resolution. The results are quite good. The image stays centered and clear. It doesn't beat the pixel rates.

When I first hooked it up, I had to take out one resolution. My Sony CRT could do one that the LCB can't.

kensmith@rahul.net   forging knowledge
Reply to
Ken Smith

That itself is good use of technology. PDF files can contain URL's and there (and in the topical index that pops up in the "bookmarks" tile) they use it to good effect.

What I don't like is that to get to the PDF, you have to be redirected from a search through Javascript. I'm averse to enabling Javascript just to download a fairly static document... (If you never turn Javascript off you probably do not notice.)

Some sites do this with other than PDF's, too!

Tim.

Reply to
Tim Shoppa

What's your preference ?

What key features influence your decision ?

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

And in Netscape 7.1.

Reply to
RoyalHeart

And in Netscape 7.1.

Reply to
RoyalHeart

And in Netscape 7.1.

Reply to
RoyalHeart

You do not need to "argue that a filesystem is a database", because that is true.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Idea for a new product:

Design an electric chair for Web designers, arranged so that the more times one circles around a Web site looking for useful information, the bigger shock gets generated. Could be a useful feedback mechanism.

Much better than bonuses from management for the more colors and Macromedia Flash junk that gets used.

--
Regards,

Adrian Jansen           adrianjansen at internode dot on dot net
Design Engineer         J & K Micro Systems
Microcomputer solutions for industrial control
Note reply address is invalid, convert address above to machine form.
Reply to
Adrian Jansen