Jamie

  1. Snow Jobs ( Romney )
Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Don't you mean "Go, jobs"?

http://www.wescottdesign.com
Reply to
Tim Wescott

To China and Mexico? Or was it just "right-sizing" people onto the local unemployment rolls?

--
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen
Reply to

the local=20

The layoffs and outsourcing were just a few of the many techniques used by = Bain to reduce operating expenses and artificially inflate the company's pr= ospectus to attract investment and increase stock value. The end goal was t= o increase the credit rating of the company so that Bain could borrow again= st it to pay themselves outrageously exorbitant management fees. This would= be about the point when Bain would back out of the picture, since they kne= w their reconfigurations were superficial and fraudulent and the true outlo= ok of profitablity was not very good at all. In many cases, if not most, th= e burden of debt accrued under Bain, along with their crippling mismanageme= nt of company operations, was enough to result in bankruptcy and eventual l= iquidation at great cost to everyone suckered into their elaborate scam.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred
[snip Slowman dribble]

to reduce operating expenses and artificially inflate the company's prospectus to attract investment and increase stock value. The end goal was to increase the credit rating of the company so that Bain could borrow against it to pay themselves outrageously exorbitant management fees. This would be about the point when Bain would back out of the picture, since they knew their reconfigurations were superficial and fraudulent and the true outlook of profitablity was not very good at all. In many cases, if not most, the burden of debt accrued under Bain, along with their crippling mismanagement of company operations, was enough to result in bankruptcy and eventual liquidation at great cost to everyone suckered into their elaborate scam.

Gee, Fred. I figured your IQ at higher than that. ...Jim Thompson

Bain to reduce operating expenses and artificially inflate the company's prospectus to attract investment and increase stock value. The end goal was to increase the credit rating of the company so that Bain could borrow against it to pay themselves outrageously exorbitant management fees. This would be about the point when Bain would back out of the picture, since they knew their reconfigurations were superficial and fraudulent and the true outlook of profitablity was not very good at all. In many cases, if not most, the burden of debt accrued under Bain, along with their crippling mismanagement of company operations, was enough to result in bankruptcy and eventual liquidation at great cost to everyone suckered into their elaborate scam.

I thought that Fred was an elaborate scam.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

If I have to read all this drivel as part of my electronics education, then at least get the Joke right:

Five Years ago America had Steve Jobs, Johhny Cash, and Bob Hope, Now we have No Jobs, No Cash, and No Hope...

Steve

Reply to
Owen Roberts

It could be worse. George W. Bush could be in the White House. Even worse, Mutt Romney. Jobs...yeah, in India. Cash...yeah, in foreign accounts. Hope? Yeah, you hope Mittens doesn't say something stupid and start a war.

Reply to
miso