Thompson, did you miss this?

You obviously have no kids. ...Jim Thompson

     Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions.

Doesn't sound like a lot of fun :-( ...Jim Thompson

     Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions.

Killed by the "Saturday Night Special" laws that keep the poor from protecting themselves still.

It's amazing that you didn't lose vision in that eye.

Reply to
krw

e:

y accurate at that distance if you have a steady hand. I don't think they e ven sell them any more.

The protection is essentially imaginary, and - even if you are poor - any g un you own is a lot more likely to kill you than anybody else, so keeping o ne in the house is embracing a very real risk in order to protect yourself against a much less likely problem. It's nuts, but since krw can't think an y more , he can't follow the logic.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

On Thursday, March 2, 2017 at 5:48:30 PM UTC-8, snipped-for-privacy@notreal.com wrote: [Raven .25 automatic]

With a maximum six in the mag and one up the pipe, you could slow someone down with one long enough to escape. That's about it. I don't think they had enough muzzle energy to get a .25 through the ribcage or skull.

[retinal detachment]

I know.

The surgeon was there for the third? fourth? exam, and she wanted to do the surgery *that day*. Had to wait two days for time in the surgery suite to do it though. The urgency in her voice was a little unnerving to hear.

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
alien8752

Den fredag den 3. marts 2017 kl. 02.45.47 UTC+1 skrev Jim Thompson:

I think you sarcasm detector is broken ;)

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

A .25 isn't all that wimpy, 900FPS w/35gr JHP. It'll do more than a fly swatter. Even James Bond carried a .25ACP (Walther PPK) . ;-)

Reply to
krw

A good choice given his profession. Light, slim and easily concealed.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Yep (nice pocket gun). Mine in .380 has a little more punch and it's the same size.

Reply to
krw

You obviously don't live in Californica, then. Wise decision. Is .25ACP ammo still commonly available in the States these days?

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

In Arizona it is. ACP versions in most calibers.

In snowflake states, probably not. ...Jim Thompson

     Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions.

Yabbut the less than two-inch barrel didn't let all the powder burn before the bullet exited- muzzle flash may Look Cool to some people but it means lost oomph.

Yeah, we killed water jugs at 25 yards but skulls are thicker.

I may be completely wrong but I'd never trust the Raven to save my life. We specifically bought them just for plinking.

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
alien8752

True enough.

Skulls are not like water jugs. The thickness varies a great deal in different places. Thinnest point is probably the temple, but pros insert the muzzle into the mouth and aim directly backwards to sever the brain- stem.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Of course not, though I am a little pissed that I actually have to pay for a CCW permit.

Sure. For a while 22LR was impossible to find, for some reason, but even Wallmart carries .25ACP.

Reply to
krw

Tell you what... ;-)

As I said, it's better than a fly swatter. My point was that they, like all cheal handguns, were eliminated by the "Saturday Night Special" law. The only purpose of the law was to keep the poor from protecting themselves. Democrats certainly don't want them taking care of themselves. They might get uppity.

Reply to
krw

A round like a .22 (the fav of Mossaid cleaners, AIUI) or the .25 will rattle around in the skull, pureeing the brain. They aren't sniper rifles but used up-close (AKA belly guns).

Reply to
krw

Snowflakes only have two states: crystalline, and liquid.

Reply to
whit3rd

We are so screwed over here in Britain that I find that so surreal. Wallmart operate here as ASDA and they have large supermarkets dotted all over the country. To be able to go into one of those and see ammunition openly for sale just blows my mind. I've obviously been living in snowflake land too long. :( Still, maybe Trump will initiate a move to promote white immigration from Yurp, in which case I'll be first in line. ;-)

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Didn't know meth came as a liquid.

Reply to
krw

It's displayed in a glass case. An employee has to unlock the case and sell it to you (at the register in the sporting goods department[*] but it is readily avaialbe, in pretty much any caliber. [*] A good way to jump the checkout line is to buy ammo. ;-)

He has been talking about changing the imigration system to merit based, rather like Austrailia's system. Sounds like a good idea to me.

Reply to
krw